Cabela's handguns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Cabela's handguns

Post by Leverluver »

I have built up a significant number of points with Cabelas and wanted to purchase a handgun they had on sale. I was informed that they will not ship to an FFL dealer, only to a local Cabelas. They said they would for a rifle or shotgun but not a handgun. Now there is no law that restricts them from shipping to a local FFL so if this is fact, it is a corporate policy only. So is this the experience of others here or did I just get hold of a Cabelas knucklehead. FYI, there is NO Cabelas in WY no matter how far I would be willing to drive so basically no resident of WY can buy a handgun from Cabelas or so says the knucklehead. What say you.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Re: Cabela's handguns

Post by harry »

When I lived in Gillette WY, I purchased a handgun at Cabela's in Sidney NE and they shipped it to Rocky Mountain sports for me so at least they used to do it.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Leverluver wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:39 pm I have built up a significant number of points with Cabelas and wanted to purchase a handgun they had on sale. I was informed that they will not ship to an FFL dealer, only to a local Cabelas. They said they would for a rifle or shotgun but not a handgun. Now there is no law that restricts them from shipping to a local FFL so if this is fact, it is a corporate policy only. So is this the experience of others here or did I just get hold of a Cabelas knucklehead. FYI, there is NO Cabelas in WY no matter how far I would be willing to drive so basically no resident of WY can buy a handgun from Cabelas or so says the knucklehead. What say you.
Cabela's is owned by Bass Pro, so if there is a Bass Pro store close, maybe they will ship it there?? That's just a wild-azz guess, but couldn't hurt to check it out.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

No Bass Pro either
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Leverluver wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:39 pm I have built up a significant number of points with Cabelas and wanted to purchase a handgun they had on sale. I was informed that they will not ship to an FFL dealer, only to a local Cabelas. They said they would for a rifle or shotgun but not a handgun. Now there is no law that restricts them from shipping to a local FFL so if this is fact, it is a corporate policy only. So is this the experience of others here or did I just get hold of a Cabelas knucklehead. FYI, there is NO Cabelas in WY no matter how far I would be willing to drive so basically no resident of WY can buy a handgun from Cabelas or so says the knucklehead. What say you.
I don't know for a fact but I think you got a knucklehead.
I have bought lots of long guns from Cabelas and had them shipped to my local FFL, but never a handgun.
But your dilemma s why I no longer have a Bass Pro or Cabelas credit card. Too many strings attached to redemption of points, and they expire if not used soon enough.
I use my Amazon card and the points are usually spent the day I get them :D There have even been a few times Amazon was not only the cheapest, but the fastest source for some gun tools, like taps for 6-48 and 8-40.

It may be that the Cabelas store simply did not want to ship a sale gun. They'd rather have it to lure in more customers.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

I think you are right. I guess my decades long business relationship with Cabelas has ended. The next sound they will hear is their Cabelas card going through my shredder. It's not like you can't buy all their Chinese made junk at a hundred other places.
crshelton
Levergunner

Post by crshelton »

Leverluver,

Agreed with Vance - buying a long gun on Guns America and having it shipped to a local Cabelas for $25 has worked well for me. Of course, there several Cabelas in Texas.
Have you considered a vacation ? You could come down to visit and hunt in Texas and buy your pistols then.
Or, if you have relatives or friends near a Cabelas that can help you out, then ,,, :wink:
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Charles

How can that happen. An out-of-stater most definitely can't purchase a handgun. If that were the case I could drive to the mother ship in Sydney (which I wouldn't anyway) and buy one. I can't do that either. The knucklehead literally said that, since there is no store in WY, they can't sell any handguns to WY residents. I think he said that Florida was in the same boat, no store, no handguns.

But a big thanks for the offer of a vacation trip. I've moved on to other hobbies. I bought an airplane for retirement so it is not out of the question, some spring or fall day, that I may send you an email and let you know I'm flying in. Take care

Mike
crshelton
Levergunner

Post by crshelton »

Cool- there are two airports within 15 minutes of my farm.
my neighbor is a retired AA 747 pilot and flies out of another nearby airport. He taught his sons to fly in a piper cub using his pasture as a strip!
When I am in my office tomorrow, I will send you an email with a pic of my recent anniversary present - an XDe 9.
If you do make it down here, you can use my .405 double rifle to shoot some hogs.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Sounds like a good reason to make the trip. Have a great holiday season my friend.