No blade for your angle grinder? No problem..

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

No blade for your angle grinder? No problem..

Post by Old Ironsights »

https://youtu.be/eLXHLRa37_g

You will need AJ to deal with this paper cut.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Re: No blade for your angle grinder? No problem..

Post by Malamute »

That was interesting.

I use my angle head grinder a lot in log work. I use a 36 grit sanding wheel for finishing log notches after the chainsaw part is done, and shaping spindles for log type railings and such. Having the sanding wheel in it much more than the grinding wheel, and needing to grind metal, I discovered the sanding wheels work very well with metal. I dont think Ive even used the metal wheel in my new grinder that I bought about several years ago when i was still working. If the sanding discs get clogged with pine gunk, grinding metal with them helps clean the sanding discs. You can also get big rubber eraser like gadgets with a wood handle to grind on and help clean the discs.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

My main use of the angle grinder is for just the type things shown in the video -- cutting stuff, usually metal or plastic. Fortunately Harbor Freight has packages of thin cutting blades that are much stiffer and easier to use for a straight cut. But how very interesting that the paper does so well at the cutting!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

Back when I worked in a fab shop I had to cut up some dunnage. All the tools in the shop and there were no wood saws, but I did happen to have an old circle saw blade in my truck. Managed to get the blade fit up to the arbor on a 7" Makita angle grinder. I was told by management never to do that again but I got the dunnage cut up. That grinder did need new brushes after that but to be fair they were well on their way before I got ahold of it.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I noticed he was going through those blades at a pretty good clip -- especially on the coconut. Still, I was surprised.