Hillbilly deer blind

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Hillbilly deer blind

Post by t.r. »

My hunting buddies in rural western Pennsylvania came up with a low cost deer blind. They bought a junk car for cheap and had it towed to the edge of a clearing within a wooded area. Then they stuffed old clothes with newspapers to form two human shaped dummies which are placed in the front seat. Deer soon get used to the sight and pay it no mind. Opening day, they toss the dummies in the back seat and begin their hunt. Many deer have been taken from this junk car. The local Warden found out about this blind and charged them with hunting from a motor vehicle. But the Magistrate tossed out the case because the junk car has no motor. Justice!

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
crshelton
Levergunner

Re: Hillbilly deer blind

Post by crshelton »

Very creative.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Yeah, it really works. I've actually used old pickup cabs hoisted up in trees and old cars parked on the edge of a field. Guess that makes my neck plenty red but I swear my wife is not really my cousin.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Ingenuity! And typical BS from the Warden. Glad a more level mind set him straight again!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sounds like a great idea.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Deer routinely cross the shooting range we set up at the 50-60 yard line, and if the weather is really nasty sometimes I just sit at the bench and hunt from there. Never see big old deer there though; they're too smart I guess.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Deer routinely cross the shooting range we set up behind the house at the 50-60 yard line, and if the weather is really nasty sometimes I just sit at the bench and hunt from there. Never see big old deer there though; they're too smart I guess.

If there are normally humans around the de-eventing stuff isn't that necessary; I've shot deer wearing coveralls smelling of diesel if I'm around where farm equipment is often stored or used. On the other hand if you're going to a place humans normally don't go, you need to be very sneaky and learn to look like a glob of vines in a tree, and smell like doe pee....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

My buddies sort of brought this upon themselves. They like to brag about their hunting at the local VFW and other saloons. Bragging annoys some people and that's probably how the warden found out about this unique deer blind. But the warden should've let this one alone. So it goes.

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!