Road Trip

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Road Trip

Post by Grizz »

anyone traveling this winter?

I'm going back to Tx for Christmas with all my kids and grandkids, LORD willing. Dep in a week or so.

I'm planning to see each of my brothers on the eastward leg, and hopefully my sister on the back tack.

General idea is to spend a few day in death valley via 395, then meet up with brother one in Lost Wages, camp along the shore of Lake Mead, truck to Albuquerque for some quality time with brother number two, then get to the compound in Tejas before my wife's flight so I can pick her up at the airport and say, "what took you so long?"

It's a long standing family joke and now a tradition that is worth continuing, because I am easily amused.

Back tack will take me west on I-10 if Sis is available... then back to the anchorage to start the preps for springtime voyages. Gotta keep moving while I still can, the wanderlust never gets satisfied.

If any of you guys are interested in a free cup of coffee and maybe a sandwich of some sort, and are anywhere along the trail, flag me down.

Best,
Grizz
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Road Trip

Post by fordwannabe »

Sounds like a wonderful time. May the miles be easy.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am just slightly North of Waxahachie. That is a couple of hours from the San Antonio area, so it is unlikely that I would have a chance to catch you. Hope there is someone on here who will be a little closer to you.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

How far west on I-10?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:07 am I am just slightly North of Waxahachie. That is a couple of hours from the San Antonio area, so it is unlikely that I would have a chance to catch you. Hope there is someone on here who will be a little closer to you.
I may be departing through that area. I will try to get in touch when I'm leaving, around the first of the next year.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

jeepnik wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:55 am How far west on I-10?
Phoenix area early January if that part materializes. Otherwise I will be free to roam almost anywhere.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Enjoy :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Grizz wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:40 am
piller wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:07 am I am just slightly North of Waxahachie. That is a couple of hours from the San Antonio area, so it is unlikely that I would have a chance to catch you. Hope there is someone on here who will be a little closer to you.
I may be departing through that area. I will try to get in touch when I'm leaving, around the first of the next year.
OK. Let me know and I'll do my best to get free so that we can have a cup of coffee or a meal together. I am a float pharmacist at work, so my schedule changes every 2 weeks, but they usually work with me pretty well.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Road Trip (UPDATE)

Post by Grizz »

here is a temporary internet address which I will keep open while I am traveling and it will go away when I get back. ready to copy?

grizz to texas (atsign) use dot startmail dot com

anything sent to this address will be available to me when I find a wifi connection. it's an account I have to log into, it doesn't pop up on my phone or anything wierd like that. Heh.

Also, not taking a computer other than the phone, so I still don't know if I can update this thread on the road.

anyway, we're blessed and we're thankful, hoping for all the best for us'All

Grizz