Went to one of the LGS yesterday.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Went to one of the LGS yesterday.

Post by GunnyMack »

About a month or so back I was in this shop and guy behind the counter told me they had just picked up a 500+ gun collection from an estate. The boss still hadn't gone through it to name,price or list everything. I was told to give them a few weeks so they could cross T's & dot I's.
Yesterday I pull into the municipal parking lot, feed the meter and go to the door...

Hand written sign on door- WE HAVE MOVED ACROSS THE STREET TO #136 Mountain Ave. hmm that's odd.

So I walk around the building to the corner, WTF! The original location is charred and boarded over! OH NO!!

I cross traffic and find the new digs, guys working inside. Pile of junk in one corner, new cabinets but no stock.
I try the door, open it and I see the clerk that told me to come back.

They tell me the fire/water destroyed everything! The estate guns have been junked, customer guns destroyed, paperwork gone, targets, snap caps EVERYTHING is lost!
I feel sorry for those guys but I'm really saddened for that collection!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Went to one of the LGS yesterday.

Post by yooper2 »

Wow, that's really unfortunate. I hope they are able to pick up the pieces and get their business back on track.

A question, what does the ATF do in situations like this? The loss of the paperwork must really get their undies in a bunch and I'd imagine they would be all over you.

Eric
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

From what I've been told, true or not, I don't know, but the FFL holder is responsible for the paperwork until business closes or holder dies. As for what happens in case of a fire I have no idea!
Although, the guys at the shop said they will order now but to deliver the gun you have to take possession across the street where the state license is issued to, at scene of the fire! Until the state police get new address issued ...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

What a nightmare for all concerned....
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

yooper2 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:04 amA question, what does the ATF do in situations like this? The loss of the paperwork must really get their undies in a bunch and I'd imagine they would be all over you.
My local FFL had a fire that destroyed his building a few years back.............and he went in to rescue his 4473 files :? .......!!!!!

This, despite a huge magazine he had for storage of black powder.... :shock:

I was very impressed with his bravery, but also very 'disappointed'.... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "