I am in Scottsdale ..

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

I am in Scottsdale ..

Post by JimT »

gonna be in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area for awhile. Right now I am at my oldest daughter's and having a great time. The only thing ... this used to be a nice little town. Now it is so crowded it is unbelievable! But ... I guess that was 60 years ago. Time does change things.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: I am in Scottsdale ..

Post by gamekeeper »

I spent a few hours in Scottsdale on my one and only visit to the US, if I remember correctly there was some very expensive stores there.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I was stationed there in 74-76, was a fun place then but talked to a sarge last year by phone and he said I wouldn`t recognize the place.
Anyway have fun. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Back in the late 70s to early 80s my armored truck routes were in Scottsdale and Tempe. I was last there in the late 90s and couldn't find my way around the place.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Late to this. I've lived there 40 years and the area 50. True, it's gotten a lot more crowded, especially more youth (20s) moved in, and with that influx not all to the good for sure. Livelier and more urbane than the sleepy "west's most western town" it once was that's for certain. Some things wrong with just about any place, and the ones with more better than not are getting fewer but this is still one of them on the positive side if the ledger--if challenging to keep that position. Has gotten harder for sure to break out of the Phoenix metro area gravitational pull to get out 'n about in the "woods"..but...Like a lot of things, change, just have to adjust, still a great place I'll stack up against most, especially amongst other urban/suburban in Az but elsewhere too. Am still the envy of most family and friends around the country (most of the year!) .
Joe Miller, if you remember me, I looked up that Cordes Jct property for you a few years back.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jim, if you are still at your daughter's place in Scottsdale, you and yours have a blessed Thanksgiving.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

gak,

I remember, and I still appreciate the effort you put out. My wife and I are still wanting to move back to AZ. There are "things" in the way and once we deal with that it will happen.

Not sure I (we) want to move back to the Valley, but AZ, yes.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Joe, good to hear from you, I haven't checked in in awhile. The Valley has grown definitely and there are days it's maddening. We get these clusters of mega events, like car and horse shows, bowl and Final Four games, etc that draw people nation-wide, some world-wide, and really tend to pile it on. Great revenue generators for sure so not all bad, but can get a bit much! We have our share of self-absorbed, entitled jerks that can spoil the "sunny" image if you let them. Still, perhaps mostly because of familiarity, I'll take it over most major metro areas...and most of those don't have the varied landscape within (relatively) easy reach like we do. (World's largest Ponderosa forest and who else can say Grand Canyon just 3 or so hour drive away (well, Vegas a close 2nd but doesn't count!)). I say "relatively easy," as said it has gotten harder to get away and you find a lot more folk "out there" with the same idea you had. The Goldilocks "mid latitudes" I call them (mid altitudes) just off the Mogollon Rim, Verde Valley, etc, for instance like we've discussed and you were looking at are still nice places to be. Not too hot, not too cold - just right!