TV Westerns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

TV Westerns

Post by jeepnik »

Bad night last night so at 0300 I was up and turned on the TV. Checked here first but no one else seemed to be around.

At any rate, I went to one of the oldies stations and found some old western shows I hadn't heard of in years. Among them was Comanche Territory, The Restless Gun and most interesting Whispering Smith.

I'd completely forgotten that Audie Murphy stared in Whispering Smith. Heck, I'd forgotten he ever made a foray onto the small screen.

The station in case anyone else gets it is GET TV. Seems they do western TV shows and movies after midnight until about 0600 or so. Thank heaven for a DVR Because I really want to sleep tonight.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: TV Westerns

Post by Blaine »

I just don't remember those. Mom loved westerns and I'm sure they would have been on if available. What was the time frame for those shows? Then again, we didn't have a TV until the late fifties, so....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Audie died in '71' so his last films were probably in the '60's . I enjoy watching his westerns although they were never all that great IMHO.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Checking the on screen guide, I was curious too, the Murphy show was from 1961. Found out it only lasted one season. Seemed they had one main actor break a shoulder, and another died. Too bad, because it was a well done oater.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Fellas, if you google the names, all sorts of information comes up on them, and most old TV shows and movies are on youtube. I just searched youtube and pulled up Whispering Smith, which Id not heard of before. I'll be bookmarking it and watching some. Want to check out the others mentioned also. You can watch any time of the day or night and dont need a TV, which is good, because I dont have a TV most of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ring+smith

This has also been pretty useful,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_w ... television
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?