Guy Fawkes

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Guy Fawkes

Post by Ray Newman »

To our fellow Shooters on the other side of the pond --0 hope you had an enjoyable Guy Fawkes day!

For those Not-In-The-Know 'bout Guy Fawkes --https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Guy Fawkes

Post by gamekeeper »

Thank you Ray, there sure was a lot of money going up in smoke that's for sure, fireworks are big business over here.
A lot of dogs are very nervous of fireworks but Shirley's little dog barks and growls at every bang, I'm sure he thinks everyone is shooting squirrels all around him and he wants in on the action :lol:
Huddington Court, home of the Wintour family, was one of the gunpowder plot houses in Worcestershire, that is where I worked as a gamekeeper, the house still has the priest holes that the king's troops never found back in the day.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

There's a good 3 part series called "Gunpowder" on BBC about the conspiracy and results called "Gunpowder". Robert Catesby is played by Kit Harrington of Game of Thrones fame.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Scrumbag
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scrumbag »

Many thanks, we did our own little display on saturday night!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Many Americans learned about Guy Fawkes Day from the movie V for Vendetta. I learned about it from Mulberry. Hope no one was burned or otherwise injured in the festivities.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

It's been a while since I did a Guy Fawkes. After moving back from England, a number of us who'd worked there would gather at a friends house in the country and have a bonfire and fireworks. Most of them have moved away, including the couple who organized it each year. I'll mark my calendar for next year and see if I can organize something.
Scrumbag
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scrumbag »

It's quite nice having fireworks when it gets dark early!