Update on the Leverguns Forum

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Update on the Leverguns Forum

Post by Hobie »

I've been in contact with Joel. (JimT is at the CSA gathering in AR) I'll post updates on my blog. You can write if you prefer as my blog is photo intensive.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

question for Hobie

Post by Buffboy »

or anyone else that knows. I know I'm gonna feel really dumb but what does CSA stand for?
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: question for Hobie

Post by AmBraCol »

Buffboy wrote:or anyone else that knows. I know I'm gonna feel really dumb but what does CSA stand for?
CSA = Confederate Sixgunners of America

A group of guys who hung out on the Jim Taylor edition of the http://www.sixgunner.com website and forum got to talking about how much fun it would be to get together some time to shoot the bull, the breeze and miscellaneous targets as well. Since the ones doing the arranging were from the south the name just came naturally. This was the first of many rondezvous that have taken place over the past several years. To the best of my knowledge the CSA is the first and longest running anual event. Others have been the Nor'Easter, the PNW and the TSMS. The CSA has a website under construction - kind of. At least the property is staked out and a signpost put up. I expect that once the current CSA winds down and folks send in pictures that the Webservant will kick it off with a CSA 2007 gallery of pictures.

http://www.confederatesixgunners.com/

Hope this answers your questions.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

It seems our little problem is one of 38,000 sites that were "defaced" by the Turkish hacker. Apparently someone there wrote an automated program that was inserted into Go-Daddy's" servers and it propagated throughout the system automatically.

Go-Daddy is blaming Microsoft. Microsoft is blaming Go-Daddy and somehow the whole thing has been kept really really quiet.

It is the largest defacement by one hacker in history.

ANYHOW ... Joel is moving everything from Go-Daddy's farm of servers to others and is working on the security so we never have this problem again.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Hobie, thanks for the update. I'll just stay here and enjoy it until we can go back to our own.

Jerry
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I'm patiently waiting! :D But sure do miss the regular forum!
444Hal
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 444Hal »

So, no one has the 411 on this hacker ?
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Any word as to when the site might return?
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

Sure has been lonely out here, hope they get the campfire going before too long.....
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

All we can do is wait... :cry:
Sincerely,

Hobie

Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

I'm glad to find this, work won't let me on the other temporary forum.. :roll:

Thanks to AmBracol and anyone else....
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

The regular leverguns forum is back up and running. This one will become a signpost site on or around May 15, 2007.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The "regular" leverguns is having problems. I suspect another 2 months will pass before we have rectified the problem, so, make yourself to home guys.
Sincerely,

Hobie

gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

Confederate sixgunners ?
Nawww its cat shooters association, been a member for years. [of course only the rabid,aggressive,quail eating ones. Gotta be PC ya know]
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger