Bought My Granddaughter a "Radio Flyer" Wagon!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Bought My Granddaughter a "Radio Flyer" Wagon!

Post by Old No7 »

My wife and I just bought our granddaughter a "Radio Flyer" wagon! (At half price too!)

Turns out she'll have to wrestle the dog to get to use it! :wink:

Iris - Wagon 02 (Small).jpg

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Bought My Granddaughter a "Radio Flyer" Wagon!

Post by Pitchy »

Cool, yep the dog loves it. 8) :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Any Labrador is all about anything with wheels on it!
Years ago I had to mow with a trailer hooked to lawn tractor so my Lab, Lady, could ride!

I'm sure your granddaughter will enjoy riding with the dog or even pulling the dog around the yard!

Het does that wagon have CUP HOLDERS?!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

8) 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

Hey every kid should have one, I still have fond memories of mine.
And dogs love them, they think wagons are made for them, maybe
they are.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

We got the kids a metal one years ago. It is in my garage holding scrap lumber right now, but one day it will hopefully hold a grandchild! :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

We had a harness, and our kid rode in the wagon and the dog would pull it, but the results were not always as planned...!

:?: Why were the wagons called "Radio Flyer" though...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Alphawolf45
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Alphawolf45 »

My Dad deceased now claimed that when the wagon was about to be introduced the company held a contest for kids to come up for a name for it..Radios at that time were a very hot commodity so the name associated with the childs product sold a lot of wagons....Ohh yeah Dad claimed that he was the child that sent in the name but the company didnt give him the prize..I actually believe the name pre-dates my Dad's birth..
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:19 pm
Hey does that wagon have CUP HOLDERS?!
Sure does! 2 on the front you can see, plus 2 more down inside for the kids "sippycups". Hey, maybe one of those will keep my beer from spilling on the bumps!!! :!:

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:00 pm
:?: Why were the wagons called "Radio Flyer" though...?

Here's what I found out...

Radio Flyer is an American toy company best known for their popular red toy wagon. Radio Flyer also produces scooters, tricycles, bicycles, and ride-ons. The company was founded in 1917 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.

Antonio Pasin started building wooden toy wagons in Chicago in 1917, selling them to area shops. He was working as a craftsman at the time, mostly selling phonograph cabinets, and built small wooden wagons to carry around his tools. After he received numerous requests from customers of phonograph cabinets to buy the wagons as well, he refocused his business on the wagons. His business grew until the Liberty Coaster Company, named in honor of the Statue of Liberty, was formed in 1923. The demands for these original wooden wagons, dubbed the "Liberty Coaster," quickly outpaced production. Incorporating the mass manufacturing techniques of the auto industry, Pasin began making metal wagons out of stamped steel in 1927. At around that time, the red wagons sold for slightly less than $3, or about $40 in 2016 dollars.

In 1930, the company was renamed Radio Steel & Manufacturing. The renamed company produced steel-bodied wagons and used assembly line manufacturing techniques. The new wagons were named as a tribute to two famous men of the day – Marconi and Lindbergh. Combining those two marvels, Pasin christened his new metal wagons "Radio Flyer".

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Now, you GOTTA get her a Flexible Flyer, too. ;)

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Ummm... are those cup holders on the front corners of that wagon? :shock:

Maybe I'm mis seeing... :?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

When I was very small, a kid in the neighborhood didnt have a bike, but his Radio Flyer served well enough. He propelled himself around the neighborhood with one knee in the wagon, one leg out providing power, steering with the handle. He was pretty good. I was never able to reproduce his level of results, he looked like a natural operating it that way, and quite fast at times.

I had one of the sleds pictured. There was a fair sized hill we went to, I loved riding belly down, face first at as high a speed as I could go. A little run with the sled in both hands, then flopping down on the sled as it hit the ground provided a good boost in speed. Small jumps were very fun. Good memories.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?