I wonder what Big Horn Armory is up to now...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I wonder what Big Horn Armory is up to now...

Post by AJMD429 »

I still haven't shot my Model 89 as much as I should have, but I really like it. It is the most expensive, highest quality gun I've ever owned.

It is one of the 'Core-Six*' rifles I would never sell.

[ photo from the Big Horn Armory website ]

....now I get this email linking to their FaceBook page....and this doesn't look like a levergun..... :P

Hopefully it isn't something bigger than my Beowulf.....I'll have to start selling stuff again like I did to fund the Model 89.... :|

*Core Six Rifles (between these one could hunt, or protect from, pretty much anything):
  • Leverguns
    • Marlin 1894 in 32-20 Win
    • Big Horn Armory 89 in 500 S&W
  • Bolt Actions
    • Ruger M77/22 All-Weather in 22 LR
    • Ruger Hawkeye Alaskan in 375 Ruger
  • Semiautos
    • CMMG AR-15 in 223 Rem
    • Springfield Armory M1A Scout Squad in 308 Win
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Re: I wonder what Big Horn Armory is up to now...

Post by piller »

It sounds as if it is going to be something gas operated. And I am not referring to legumes.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Wow...what a nice gun
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I keep wondering when you're getting the S&W .500 to go with the rifle. :twisted:

I think I'd have gone with the 30wcf instead of the 32-20.

On der Tag, .223 and .308 should be all around to pick up.

No handguns?

This is fun. If I had to pick from what I have.....

LEVERS -- 30wcf & the other 30wcf

BOLT -- Ruger GunSite Scout in .308 & Ruger "tang safety" 30-06

SEMI-AUTO -- Stainless 10/22 Takedown & (well, I don't really care for semi-autos...it's not IF but WHEN they FTF)

All the handguns stay, they don't take up much room. If I HAD to pick just one, it would be the Single Six w/both cyls..
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

RIHMFIRE wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:18 pm Wow...what a nice gun...
Heck, that's one of their more 'plain' ones like the one I ordered; check this one out (another from their website)...

"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

My core six would be: lever Marlin standard model 1895 in .45-70 and Winchester model 1894m in .22mag.

Bolt Ruger m77 Hawkeye in .264 Win Mag and Remington model 700 in .300 Win Mag, Boone and Crockett edition.

Semi-Auto Folding stock Norinco AK47 in .223 and Springfield M1a scout squad in.308.
God Bless.⛪
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

I was kinda hoping they would be making some lever guns with straight stocks instead of a semi auto.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

kaschi wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:37 pm I was kinda hoping they would be making some lever guns with straight stocks instead of a semi auto.
Yeah. Not sure what they will make that would beat a 50 Beowulf (almost identical case and ballistics to the 500 S&W).

However, they say with the potentially 'severe recoil' (I'm a recoil-wimp and the hottest loads I've found are about like a 20 gauge slug gun recoil to me) that the curved grip and high comb mitigate it versus a straight grip. Dunno cuz I've never had two to compare other than 30-30's, which don't really have 'severe recoil'...

MTNSTRYDER
Levergunner

Post by MTNSTRYDER »

I just received my model 90 spike driver trapper 8 days ago and went to a log landing near Rangly Maine.I had Hornady 200FTX and Federal Fusion 260grain in 460. Hornady 300XTP and HSM 325gas check bear load in 454.
My first shot off hand was at a quarter sized spot I put on a boulder the front sight completely covered it.Dead on! It was the same with all ammo and distance.Turning rocks to dust and small logs to toothpicks.For just the shooting part I have never had it this good out of 60 shots not a single miss off hand and with shooting sticks.Realy I have never shot that well. BUT
It wont load anything but the Fusion JSP the Hornady 200FTX sort of load and the 454’s just pop stait up and out when I worked the lever.I cleaned all of the oil out and have ben working the action over and over every night while watching tv and I have ordered the Buffalo Bore ammo Big Horn recaminds.I hope to come up with a good all around handload for this gun.
I sold my Marlin 45/70 to buy this gun did I make a mistake? Any advice from the Levergun Community?