Code talker

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Code talker

Post by soon 2 retire »

Another Navajo Code Talker has passed. They’re almost all gone; I’m sad to say.
http://www.kgw.com/news/navajo-code-tal ... /482221558

Bob in Friday Harbor, WA
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Code talker

Post by piller »

:( That is sad news. They genuinely helped make the world a better place by their sacrifice and service. As did a heck of a bunch of others. I always find it sad when someone who served their country passes away.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

hear, hear........ :(

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I once spoke to some Navajo and they were rightly very proud of their Code Talkers, may the gentleman rest in peace.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

There is something really special about the countless Native Americans who have proudly worn the uniform and fought and died for this land they loved so much, in spite of the long, long list of dirty tricks pulled on them by the government. My patriotism must necessarily be a shallow thing in comparison.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

piller wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:05 am :( That is sad news. They genuinely helped make the world a better place by their sacrifice and service. As did a heck of a bunch of others. I always find it sad when someone who served their country passes away.
Sometimes that depresses me, but then I meet some young man in his teens or twenties, all full of testosterone, and using that energy for GOOD instead of evil, and I realize there will always be men and women of honor, and ones who value freedom and fairness and justice and equal opportunity, regardless of race, gender, religion, or wealth....and then I meet another young man, or woman, who is a Snowflake LibTard, who values nothing but his or her own image, and material wealth, and thrives on categorizing and judging others... :(

Nevertheless, if you ignore the Snowflakes, there are lots of young people out there who will become the 'code-talkers' of the future. 8)
Last edited by AJMD429 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:07 pm
piller wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:05 am :( That is sad news. They genuinely helped make the world a better place by their sacrifice and service. As did a heck of a bunch of others. I always find it sad when someone who served their country passes away.
Sometimes that depresses me, but then I meet some young man in his teens or twenties, all full of testosterone, and using that energy for GOOD instead of evil, and I realize there will always be men and women of honor, and ones who value freedom and fairness and justice and equal opportunity, regardless of race, gender, religion, or wealth....and then I meet another young man, or woman, who is a Snowflake LibTard, who values nothing but his or her own image, and material wealth, and thrives on categorizing and judging others... :(

Nevertheless, if you ignore the Snowflakes, there are lots of young people out there who will become the 'cold-talkers' of the future. 8)
In the days following 9-11 we had a glimpse of what Americans were made of. Sadly, it went back to politics as usual shortly afterward. Except for the first couple or three years my service was with volunteers. Fine people. Four or five cuts above the rest.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Here in my new home town of Alamogordo, NM, I am privileged to see members of the Air Force everywhere I go. I am proud of them, thankful for them, and encouraged for the future of our country.