For Ruger 44 Mag semiauto owners...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

For Ruger 44 Mag semiauto owners...

Post by AJMD429 »

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/10/04/24 ... -assembly/

This looked useful for the semiauto owners. I have the lever action 44 Mag they make, and it is an awesome and useful gun.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: For Ruger 44 Mag semiauto owners...

Post by Rusty »

I think one of the most popular questions among Ruger lovers is, When will Ruger make the 44 autoloader again?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Nice to re-read that again, been a lot of years since I had mine apart.
I bought mine in '92, if IRC it was made in '68. I have shot one pig with it, 300 gr XTP through the lungs and it acted as if nothing happened. After walking about 10 yards it fell over DRT!

Many years later I bought a new Redfield 2-7 compact for it, one and only time in my life a scope gun combo didn't have to be sighted in!! Dead nuts center bull at 75. Then shot a group and all 5 were touching at 75.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

My user name stems from long familiarity/ownership of .44 Ruger's - both autoloading & single-actions. :mrgreen:

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have one of the older style. I purchased it from CRS, and it is an excellent firearm. Accuracy is better than I can shoot without a solid bench rest. From the bench, it is still probably better than I am.
One pig taken with it was a head shot at around 25 yards on a moving pig about 60 pounds. A small meat hog. Bang, flop, twitch- twitch. I have found that it really likes 240 grain JHP bullets with H110 loaded close to maximum. Going to another powder and slowing it down doesn't give as good of accuracy and sometimes fails to produce enough power to cycle the action. It likes close to full power. The kick is not anything to worry about, sort of like a .30-30 with 170 grain factory loads.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost