Win 94 32 spec

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Win 94 32 spec

Post by gcs »

I was under the impression by what I read that all 32 spec in the 94 were pre 64 models as that caliber was discontinued before the post 64 change.
I was just looking at a 94 32 spec with ser # 2788xxx which shows that it is an early 64 which would make it a post 64 model.
A computer search hasn't helped much, other then the alleged serial number break down by year.
So, anyone have a thought on this? Obviously something is not right about the info I thought was correct.
Thanks as always.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Win 94 32 spec

Post by Pete44ru »

Winchester continued the .32 Special in multiple different Model 94's almost until the New Haven plant closure, but was discontinued in the Standard Carbine from 1973, then re-introduced in 1993.

There were standard post-64 carbines, a few different commemoratives (like the 1981 Canadian RR Centennial, for one), and the short-barreled/big-loop Wrangler & Wrangler II.

Last edited by Pete44ru on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southfork
Levergunner 2.0

Post by southfork »

My 94 in that caliber is a Saddle Ring Carbine. From the era when people still rode horses on a daily basis.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Also depends on which records you were looking at, as there is some disparity between the "experts".
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I believe the 32 Win Spl was listed in Shooters Bibles as a standard chambering until the early 70s.

Edit: Just looked, the 32 spl was in the 74 edition, it was not in the 75 edition.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?