Identify Old Outboard Motor

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Identify Old Outboard Motor

Post by Ben_Rumson »

My Dad had one like this...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Identify Old Outboard Motor

Post by Blaine »

MIght, maybe be a WaterWitch....I can't prove it.
:?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

IMO it looks like a Kissel Water Witch - the transom bracket is distinctive, if not unique.

Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Could use a couple more pics. Does look like a Waterwitch, but certain elements look like pre-war Champion. At any rate someone here can help you: http://aomci.org/

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Martin Pressure Cooker made one that looked like that.
I once met a guy comming out over the Columbia river bar in a homemade wooden boat ,that looked like a square box.
It was powered by a Martin Pressure Cooker outboard. He was standing up trying to pour fuel into the gas tank in a heavy chop.
Craziest thing I ever saw.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Thanks for the input guys. I'll do more image searches with the names you have provided.
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Don't know much about them. Dad has an old one he inherited which looks a lot like that.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Alphawolf45
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Alphawolf45 »

I cant identify it..Being a machinist, my hobby for a year was buying old outboards and rebuilding them..I now use a 1947 2 cylinder 7.5 hp Firestone engine on an antique Winchester brand fishing boat. I can take a rusted solid engine and use a slide hammer to pull piston out of the bore and reweld freeze broken lower ends , replace seals , make new parts for carbs, etc... Fun hobby bringing a corroded relic back to function like new...The most desireable old engines ,even in sorry shape are outside of my play budget.The engine in the picture would sell cheap.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Martins were built from '46 to '54, by the National Pressure Cooker, Co. of Eau Claire, Wi. That motor is much older than the Martins. Martins were actually quite modern looking and had quite a few innovative features. Like mechanical poppet intake valves, and a mounting bracket that swiveled so boaters could replace shear pins from the comfort of their boat seat. If I remember correctly George Martin was an engineer at National and an avid boat racer.