WINDOWS 10 HELP.... POSTING A FOTO

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

WINDOWS 10 HELP.... POSTING A FOTO

Post by Ben_Rumson »

I have a laptop w/ windows 10 ...Havent figured out how to post foto Tried drag and drop from desktop no luck...TIA
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Re: WINDOWS 10 HELP.... POSTING A FOTO

Post by JohndeFresno »

Ben, I think there are still some good links on the "Links" page here that describe how to paste a photo. I have been preoccupied with stuff so I have not double-checked recently. But here is how I paste, now that PhotoBucket's new management dumped on all of us. I am using Imgur so far with no problems.

The following info is for your Windows 10 system, and other Windows platforms. At the end of the detailed instructions you will find a link to more readable pictorial pdf file with the same info, but with screen prints. If you have fast enough Internet connections, the download will be much easier to understand. But here is the step by step instruction set on how to place a photo or image online, then share it in messages at this forum.

Other free photo sharing sites work similarly, but this is germane to IMGUR - a free site to join and use.

Join Imgur (Free), create a folder; name it, such as JDFimages. You will click on that folder (upper right corner) to store and retrieve your images.

For WINDOWS USERS – Storing, then using images online

Click “Add Images” (top right); you get the “Giraffe screen.”

Click on “Browse.”

If the image you want to share is on your “Desktop”, click “Desktop;” then double-click on image you want to store.

Click “Open.”

Photo is added to your folder. The upper left image will be the latest photo or image.

Double-click on the photo and you get the enlarged view of the photo with boxes to the right of it. If no boxes, right click on the photo.

Click the “Copy” button to the right of the BBCode box. That will place the “img” link into your computer’s memory – “clipboard” – so that you can paste the link to Leverguns forum (or anywhere else that accepts the “img” link).

At the Leverguns site, create your message and then use the "Paste” or Windows shortcut paste function – Ctrl-V – holding down the Ctrl button (lower left of keyboard) while also pressing the “V” button. The link will be pasted into your message.

So, for instance, you can enter text, hit the Paste function, and add text again if you want – like:

"This is Mount Shasta taken when there was atmospheric problems during the fire season. ((Then hit the Paste button below))
[image]https://i.imgur.com/YHYLETx.jpg[/image]
((I substituted the letters "image" for "img" so that you can read the link. The actual link with "img" is below))
Beautiful, ain’t it!"

For a complete display of the above procedure, I have created a pdf file with displays that you can download and view or print here:
https://app.box.com/s/lzm4xdeh45d2aeljdof8kl679ep1zsv1

MAKE SURE THAT YOUR IMAGE IS NOT TOO BIG FOR THE WEBSITE. PHOTOS FROM 12MB DIGITAL CAMERAS ARE USUALLY TOO LARGE AND MUST BE REDUCED IN FILE SIZE.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Thanks John I made the d/l :D
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

:D
Ben_Rumson wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:39 am Thanks John I made the d/l :D