Took a step backward...AGAIN... :)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1894c

Took a step backward...AGAIN... :)

Post by 1894c »

Hi - so I wanted to shoot and carry something different than my Glocks (still carry Glocks with the LE Agency I serve). So a couple of weeks ago I got a hold of a CZ P-07 DA/SA in 9mm. Did not like that pistol at all, just didn't fit my hand, so I sent it down the road to a friend who owns an LGS, and traded it for something else, with some cash back.

So I was looking for an alternative and came across the ugliest handgun I have ever seen. I picked up this handgun at my friends LGS for $236.00 (which included tax). It's been sitting there for well over a year and my friend wanted it gone (he said he would never order another). I bought a Beretta PX4 Compact in 9mm (DA/SA, it is a G-Model, which mean it has a de-cocker only). I really like this pistol, smaller than my G-19, heavier by 3ozs., 15+1 capacity, somewhat thicker, fits my hand, is very accurate, has an 8lb DA trigger and a 4.7lb SA trigger (changed trigger spring to a Beretta 96 D spring). And has a rotating barrel design, which is different...

WARNING: you are about to see photos that might cause you to get physically ill, create shock and possible confusion... :)
IMG_0466.JPG
10437-DEFAULT-l.jpg
7536eba63f6f6b89afad189de4982100.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 1894c on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Took a step backward...AGAIN... :)

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

The new Glock will have a rotating barrel, too.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Here I thought U were gonna have pics of a 1st y.ear octagon barreled M94 in 30WCF.. Those pistols are known for reliability though and good shooting accuracy. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ok, that's a new one for me: What the heck is a Rotating Barrel? :?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
1894c

Post by 1894c »

BlaineG wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:47 pm Ok, that's a new one for me: What the heck is a Rotating Barrel? :?
BlaineG -- Here is a vid that shows the rotating barrel. The barrel on the Storm does not tilt like a Browning design which most auto-pistols do. The barrel on the Storm stays straight and slightly rotates as it cycles...old technology that goes back to the Beretta Cougar-- I should also mention that the DA trigger is smoother than many revolvers... UGLY, but functional... :)

STORM VID: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKs-rMB-cio
Last edited by 1894c on Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

30-30 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:51 pm
BlaineG wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:47 pm Ok, that's a new one for me: What the heck is a Rotating Barrel? :?
BlaineG -- Here is a vid that shows the rotating barrel. The barrel on the Storm does not tilt like a Browning design which most auto-pistols do. The barrel on the Storm stays straight and slightly rotates as it cycles...old technology that goes back to the Beretta Cougar-- I should also mention that the DA trigger is smoother than many revolvers... UGLY, but functional... :)

STORM VID: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKs-rMB-cio
Ahhh :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Does anyone remember the Colt 2000? Rotating bolt 9mm. Ugly as homemade soap and as accurate as a drunk mans description of a duckbill platypus. There were some good reasons for Colt to stop production after about 2 years.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

It looks just like every other modern pistol.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.