Found a NIB CZ452

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Found a NIB CZ452

Post by jdad »

I went to a gun shop on the other side of town because I heard they had some CZ455's in stock. They had models I was interested in, but they were in every caliber other than 22LR.

I asked if by chance they had a 452 in stock. I had one years ago that I used for Hunter class silhouette, but sold it off when I found a Winchester (repro) 52C sporter. One of the few rifles I got rid of that I kind of wish I hadn't. The 452's were discontinued early 2016 and were much better quality IMO than the 455.

He checks their system and sure enough it says they have a "CZ 452 American, RH, 22LR," in the inventory. "May I Please See It?" :D About 10 minutes later he shows back up with it. $399 was a no brainer.

I had a set of CZ rings and a Weaver RV9 that I mounted on it, then headed to the range this am. After sighting it in at 25yds I zeroed it in at 50yds, Tack driver just like the last one. It's a keeper. :wink:

The Rifle

50 yd targets SK SP, generic front range rest, Weaver RV9 with heavy duplex reticle

The best 5 shot group

15 shot group

I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Tanqueray
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Found a NIB CZ452

Post by Tanqueray »

Impressive accuracy for a .22lr! The Brno's and CZ's are excellent quality firearms, I have a ZKK601 in .223 and it too is a tack driver.
More meplat, more better.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

For $399? You need to barricade yourself in, the cops are on their way! That must have been an old price. That's a GREAT buy. congratulations.

Ya gotta love those CZs.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Rusty wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:01 pm For $399? You need to barricade yourself in, the cops are on their way! That must have been an old price. That's a GREAT buy. congratulations.

Ya gotta love those CZs.
I've been seeing USED 452 Americans actually selling for $500. I couldn't say "yes, I want it" fast enough. :D
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

What a beauty and a shooter! Outstanding deal in anybodies currency, I have a 452 lefty on the top of my bucket list but a few guns need to get new homes first.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Great rifles. I have a .22 magnum with a Mannlicher stock and the earlier tangent rear sight. It's a great little woods bummin' rifle. I'd like to have a 22lr to go with it.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Wow. Just wow.

That's a beauty!

-Stretch
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Hey, how would you like to turn it over for a quick fifty bucks? :)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

I bought one for my oldest son 5-6 years ago. It shoots just about everything great and feels like a real rifle rather than a plastic toy. I told my boy when he leaves home he can take my 10/22 I'm keeping the CZ!
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

jdad wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:09 pm
Rusty wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:01 pm For $399? You need to barricade yourself in, the cops are on their way! That must have been an old price. That's a GREAT buy. congratulations.

Ya gotta love those CZs.
I've been seeing USED 452 Americans actually selling for $500. I couldn't say "yes, I want it" fast enough. :D
great catch. I have one like that and it shoots like yours, bought it quite a while ago, and its staying with me !
cable
Treetop
Levergunner

Post by Treetop »

What ammo were you shooting, jdad? The reason I ask is, mine shoots similar groups with Federal Auto Match. This ammo was recommended by several CZ 452 owners on another forum.

Your rifle is beautiful and obviously a shooter, too! Semper Fi, Treetop
Treetop
Sgt. USMC
1968-71

NRA Life Member since 1980

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Treetop wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:35 pm What ammo were you shooting, jdad? The reason I ask is, mine shoots similar groups with Federal Auto Match. This ammo was recommended by several CZ 452 owners on another forum.

Your rifle is beautiful and obviously a shooter, too! Semper Fi, Treetop
50 yd targets SK SP, generic front range rest, Weaver RV9 with heavy duplex reticle

SK Standard Plus (Wolf Match Target)
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

SK SP means nothing to me. Is that what ammo you used?

Very nice rifle, very nice.

Cat
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

SK SP
SK Standard Plus
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Haven't kept up on CZ rifles, so didn't know they'd dropped the CZ452? I bought one in .17HMR over a decade ago, with plans to use it for varmint hunting. An extremely nice gun, and as accurate as it is nice. Bought up a bunch of ammo every time BiMart had it on sale, but never seemed to get time to go shoot it. I wont get rid of it, as I love it, and still hope to shoot it more some day!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I also snagged a 452 before they vanished a few years back. I had assumed the change to the 455 at the time was to save money in manufacture as the 452 was pretty solid as it was. I ended up with the scout version for my daughter. She loves it.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

The 455 has a pinned barrel that allows you to swap calibers. The 452 was a screwed in barrel and was caliber specific.

Here's their video detailing the change. http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-455-americ ... 5-rd-mags/