Solved-kinda-Is Anyone having trouble accessing gunsinternational?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Solved-kinda-Is Anyone having trouble accessing gunsinternational?

Post by vancelw »

I have found in the past week or so that I cannot access gunsinternational.com by typing in the URL (http://www.gunsinternational.com) but can get to their main page by typing in the IP (173.213.232.87). Makes no difference what device, operating system or browser I use if I am on my internet provider of Exede (wildblue). If I get on my phone and turn off wi-fi so I am using the phone's internet and not my Exede, I can reach Guns International just fine.
Exede claims they are not blocking or blacklisting Guns International.
Guns International claims they are not on any blacklists that they know of. I have not found any.
It is not my virus protection or router. I get the same results if I bypass either of those.

Is anyone else having problems accessing Guns International via their internet provider? Can anyone who has Exede or Wildblue access Guns International?

I'm trying to help GI figure out where the problem is but they were totally unaware.
Last edited by vancelw on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Is Anyone having trouble accessing gunsinternational?

Post by jnyork »

Using your link I got right in with no problems..
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I'm thinking my provider (exede) has them blocked for some reason and are unaware that they do.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I followed your like and got right in.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I'm having daily conversations with Guns International tech squad trying to help them figure out if Exede has them blocked. It's the only gun related site I have found that I can't access, or I would be Chicken Little worrying about arbitrary blocking of 2nd amendment sites.

Either Exede or the DNS they use is blocking it.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Your link worked fine for me -- I'm on CenturyWest.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Solved-kinda-Is Anyone having trouble accessing gunsinternational?

Post by vancelw »

It was/is a problem with Exede internet provider's Domain Name Server.
It was not a malicious blocking of gun-related sites, which was my secondary concern. My 1st concern was gun shopping!
Guns International was unaware but their web host knew there were some problems with Exede.

I finally got escalated to a tech who understood the problem and helped me route around it (by using other DNS)

I was afraid an underground blocking of 2nd amendment related sites was afoot.