Original 1866 Winchester bore/groove diameter

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Original 1866 Winchester bore/groove diameter

Post by coyote nose »

Does anybody know what the bore diameter and groove diameter for the original 1866 Winchester was? I cant find anything online about it.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Re: Original 1866 Winchester bore/groove diameter

Post by Malamute »

Might try asking at the Winchester Collectors forum.

Cartridges of the World may have info, not sure how accurate it would be for the actual guns, as opposed to the ammunition dimensions.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: Original 1866 Winchester bore/groove diameter

Post by Pisgah »

Don't know, but I would be willing to bet they were, comparatively speaking, "all over the place". If I were loading for one, I'd start with a good slugging of the bore and go from there.