Bought a new rifle in 25/35

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Bought a new rifle in 25/35

Post by earlmck »

I read in a post on another forum that a fellow had found himself a new rifle in 25/35 on "gunbroker". Naah, can't be true I thinks. But I had to check and .... sure enough there are several shown there in the different configurations.

I had just recently visited the "Winchester" site and admired several of their items including a 24" bbl in half-round half-octagon that they'd provide in either 30/30 or 38/55. No mention of 25/35, and they also seemed to think $1400 of them.

Naturally I was set-up: $1050 for a 25/35 seemed like such a bargain I had to restrain myself from ordering two of them.

But I did order the one -- should be here early next week. The first actually NEW rifle I have bought in -- hmmm, I was going to say 40 years but then remembered that 17 years ago I had the local Bi-Mart order me up one of those nice Marlin 45/70's that a grandkid soon claimed so I had almost forgot about it.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Bought a new rifle in 25/35

Post by Blaine »

If there are no pictures, it didn't happen, Sir.... :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

Congratulations. Could you post if it is drilled and tapped for a receiver sight or tang sight when it shows up. It says it's D/T for a scope :shock:
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Marvin S wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:37 pm Congratulations. Could you post if it is drilled and tapped for a receiver sight or tang sight when it shows up. It says it's D/T for a scope :shock:
If it's D&T for a scope, then more than likely the receiver sight should fit the rear pair of scope base holes.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Marvin S wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:37 pm Congratulations. Could you post if it is drilled and tapped for a receiver sight or tang sight when it shows up. It says it's D/T for a scope :shock:

The new "Winchester 94's are 94AE angle-eject - no receiver side peepsight prep, tang safety.

Both www.xssights.com & www.skinnersights.com have stepped up with a receiver peep sight for the 94AE that straddle the bolt @ the rear scope mount prep holes, but since they're top-mounted sights, a taller front sight will be needed to achieve zero.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I think there is a Williams 'FP' one for the angle-eject too; I saw the listing when searching for one for a big-bore angle-eject.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Earl, that sounds like a heck of a nice gun, I have to get mine out & warm it up again, I hogged a bunch of speer 75 gr fp
& even more of 117 gr, in Remington & Hornady, didn't know they was making them, so gonna check it out

Brad
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yea...I hear ya on the "new gun" thingy. I probably buy 20 used guns for every new one.

By the way, Guns America has one listed for $985

https://www.gunsamerica.com/925469054/W ... tner=false
Model A Uzi’s