"Mail By Pail" Marine Mail Delivery in Detroit

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"Mail By Pail" Marine Mail Delivery in Detroit

Post by Old No7 »

As a boat owner, I stumbled upon this article about a "Floating Zip Code" (click for link) operating for large ships in Detroit, and I thought some of you might be interested as well.

It's a nautical old-school way of saying "You've Got Mail". :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: "Mail By Pail" Marine Mail Delivery in Detroit

Post by Blaine »

I traveled with a Circus Band for several months....My address was Clyde-Beatty/Cole-Bros Circus, General Delivery. I never did figure how that one worked out so well. Never took more than a week or so to get mail from home.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

on the fishing grounds, if we picked up mail in town for boats we were fishing near, we would put their mail in a plastic garbage bag with a box of cookies or the hot hoochie, and drop it in front of them. they would motor alongside and pick up their delivery.

funniest one was when the guy said "ok, let 'er go." Until that exact instant the sea was mirror smooth and dead-flat calm. the moment when the package hits the water a little blast of abt fifteen knots came out of nowhere and started driving that bag across the water. Ing was a little slow and it got a ways away before he could catch up to it. I was laughing so hard I forgot to get the camera out.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

So, pailmail is an alternative to snailmail......... :roll: