History of Israeli Firearms

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

History of Israeli Firearms

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/Wc_Hm6G6ISk

Pretty interesting - didn't know they had to make cartridge cases from lipstick containers....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: History of Israeli Firearms

Post by Old Ironsights »

And Tobasco bottles are the shape they are because the original Maker had/found a huge stash of hair-tonic/after-shave bottles to put his original batch into...

One makes do with what one can.... which is why I will always have C&B & Flint guns to go with my cartridge guns.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Ironically right after WWII ended Jews were driving Tiger and Panther tanks around. Interestingly most of Nazi Germany's weapons that were captured by Allied forces, fighter planes and machine guns K98s went to Israel. Later the small arms got converted to 7.62x51Nato.
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Silly as it may sound one of the rifle I've always wanted to find was an Israeli converted K98 in 7.62X51.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Doesn't sound silly. It would be an interesting gun with some even more interesting history.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Rusty wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:42 amSilly as it may sound one of the rifle I've always wanted to find was an Israeli converted K98 in 7.62X51.
I have a Mauser 98 converted to 7.62x51, and it is a great shooter. Not sure how to tell country or manufacturer of origin though.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Mike Armstrong
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mike Armstrong »

Many of the formerly German planes and vehicles and some of the small arms and artillery that the Israeli's got for their early wars were purchased from the Czechoslovakian government of the time, before it was entirely Soviet controlled. Some of them were actually manufactured and/or assembled by the Czechs, who "inherited" a great deal of Nazi equipment, since they had been a major manufacturing area for the Nazis.

The US and British aircraft and armor that they used were bought "illegally" through clandestine arms dealers, some of whom were US or British Zionists or sympathizers. The British government was generally pro-Arab in the 1940s. "The Allies" didn't help Israel much at all in the early days, if you are referring to the US, British, or Soviet GOVERNMENTS.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I read somewhere that some of the former German high command felt guilty so after the war they to Israel and schooled the Israelis on the tactics of the Blitz. They taught them how to hit hard and fast striking the air force first so the infantry would have no air support.
The wife and I just saw a movie recently about the 6 Day War called IN OUR HANDS. It was produced by the Christian broadcasting Network. I think you can get it now on DVD for $15.

https://www.facebook.com/InOurHands1967 ... 5&__md__=1
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.