Not sure of this holster for "Cross Draw" Carry

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Not sure of this holster for "Cross Draw" Carry

Post by Old No7 »

I've typically always had great luck and quality with Bianchi Holsters. But while this Bianchi Shadow is well made, with a nice lining and quality stitching, I don't think this will work out for "Cross Draw" as I'd intended -- especially while seated in the "kahr" -- for my new-to-me Kahr K9...

Bianchi Shadow.jpg

The holster in the image isn't mine, but the large black line was added to simulate where a belt would be, and the red line was added to show where I think the "rake" of the pistol should be -- at a minimum -- for an easy cross draw. (Oh no, the gun isn't a Kahr either -- as I just grabbed a decent image online and modified the grip somewhat just for this picture...)

So, what do you all think?

I got the holster on sale at Midway, and the price was lots less than other retailers, but I just don't think this will work well............

Any recommendations for a nice, angled-correctly, thumb-strap, leather Cross Draw holster for a K9???

Thanks!

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Not sure of this holster for "Cross Draw" Carry

Post by jeepnik »

Everyone is different, and like you I have a box (getting smaller as the kids find ones they like from time to time) of holsters that didn't work for me.

That said, I've had real good luck with Simply Rugged. Beyond that, you might think of having a custom job made up that fits your desires exactly. They do cost a bit more, but they are worth it in pride of ownership if nothing else. Good leather has a beauty that plastic or nylon or any other synthetic material will ever attain.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The angle is wrong for crossdraw. It's a small of the back type carry to point the grip forward towards your hand. In a crossdraw it will point the grip away at a weird angle.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The angle is wrong for crossdraw. It's a small of the back type carry to point the grip forward towards your hand. In a crossdraw it will point the grip away at a weird angle. I have the same holster in a basket weave, and carry m .45 in it. I love it for the use it was designed for.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/