use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Message
Author
User avatar
David
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:46 pm

use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#1 Post by David » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:55 am

I'm going to have to do a flip if I want to make the ssl work on the site. i.e. use https:// vs just http:// .org works either way but .com currently doesn't. To fix this is will cause an outage I can't avoid please just use .org (which it will in the future flip to if you use it or not) and you won't have any outage if you use the .com you might catch it during the outage which might be as long as 4 hours which is the ttl default time for nameserver.

I'll do this in the next couple days I just want people to get a chance to read this. If you go to leverguns.com and click the forum it will go to the org.

User avatar
BlaineG
Posting leader...
Posts: 24860
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Spanaway, Washington

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#2 Post by BlaineG » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:37 pm

Soooo... :? :? :) ....If I use a bookmark, it won't work anymore?
As Long As You Have A Sharp Stick, Never Give Up. Take One Of Them With You When They Come For You. :evil:

User avatar
David
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#3 Post by David » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:41 pm

Ill work fine
It will just flip to the. org without any delay.

User avatar
BlaineG
Posting leader...
Posts: 24860
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Spanaway, Washington

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#4 Post by BlaineG » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:46 pm

David wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:41 pm
Ill work fine
It will just flip to the. org without any delay.
Thanks. :)
As Long As You Have A Sharp Stick, Never Give Up. Take One Of Them With You When They Come For You. :evil:

User avatar
Pete44ru
Posting leader...
Posts: 9756
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:26 am
Location: Southern New England

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#5 Post by Pete44ru » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:38 pm

.

Thanks for the headsup, David ! 8)


.
IF IN THESE TYMES OF JEOPARDY,
MORTAL PERIL INVADES THY THOUGHT,
TAKE UP THIS TRVSTY PIECE,
TRVST IN THY GOD, AND FEAR THEE NAUGHT.

(The avatar is me, in 1948 ! )

.

User avatar
Ysabel Kid
Moderator
Posts: 23684
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:10 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#6 Post by Ysabel Kid » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:52 pm

Pete44ru wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:38 pm
.

Thanks for the headsup, David ! 8)


.
Agreed - and for doing this!
Image

User avatar
David
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#7 Post by David » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:39 pm

hopefully everyone survived, actually wasn't as easy as I hoped I forgot about the onesticky which complicated it a bit in the flip.

I'll look into the cookies again I left them unsecured maybe I have to switch them I just don't know without digging around for the answer.

User avatar
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...
Posts: 14900
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Waiting for the Collapse
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#8 Post by Old Ironsights » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:19 pm

Well, about the only thing the .org won't do that the .com did was keep me logged in/auto-login.

Used to be I could click on a Link or my favorites tab and I would be automatically logged in. Now I have to go through the login process every time I close my browser.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!

User avatar
Pete44ru
Posting leader...
Posts: 9756
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:26 am
Location: Southern New England

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#9 Post by Pete44ru » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:09 pm

Old Ironsights wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:19 pm

Well, about the only thing the .org won't do that the .com did was keep me logged in/auto-login.

Used to be I could click on a Link or my favorites tab and I would be automatically logged in.

Now I have to go through the login process every time I close my browser.

Ditto......... :(


.
IF IN THESE TYMES OF JEOPARDY,
MORTAL PERIL INVADES THY THOUGHT,
TAKE UP THIS TRVSTY PIECE,
TRVST IN THY GOD, AND FEAR THEE NAUGHT.

(The avatar is me, in 1948 ! )

.

User avatar
GunnyMack
Senior Levergunner
Posts: 1282
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 am
Location: Not where I want to be!

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#10 Post by GunnyMack » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:07 am

Same here, login has to be done each time I visit.
I'm hoping that by saving the .org to my favorites it will keep me logged in...

User avatar
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...
Posts: 14900
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Waiting for the Collapse
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#11 Post by Old Ironsights » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:20 am

GunnyMack wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:07 am
Same here, login has to be done each time I visit.
I'm hoping that by saving the .org to my favorites it will keep me logged in...
Nope. First thing I tried. (Chrome)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!

User avatar
GunnyMack
Senior Levergunner
Posts: 1282
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 am
Location: Not where I want to be!

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#12 Post by GunnyMack » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:35 am

Yeah I just checked back in and that didn't work forme either!
Hope the moderators figure this out.
Sure it's not that big a deal but it would be nice!

Leverluver
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 877
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: WY

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#13 Post by Leverluver » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:35 pm

Old Ironsights wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:20 am
GunnyMack wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:07 am
Same here, login has to be done each time I visit.
I'm hoping that by saving the .org to my favorites it will keep me logged in...
Nope. First thing I tried. (Chrome)
X4 I have to log in every time; .com or .org makes no difference.

User avatar
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4695
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: On the Beach

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#14 Post by jeepnik » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Just found another benefit. So wifi networks block firearm sites. I just found that while they block the .com site they don't block the.org
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferrably in the dark"
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it"

User avatar
BlaineG
Posting leader...
Posts: 24860
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Spanaway, Washington

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#15 Post by BlaineG » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:10 pm

Me, too....won't stay logged in. No biggie, just different.
As Long As You Have A Sharp Stick, Never Give Up. Take One Of Them With You When They Come For You. :evil:

User avatar
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4695
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: On the Beach

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#16 Post by jeepnik » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:46 am

BlaineG wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:10 pm
Me, too....won't stay logged in. No biggie, just different.
Yea, I noticed that too. Early days, or it may be a browser setting. Do you realize we're gripping about not staying logged on when back in the 80's it was black magic and inspiration that allowed us to connect to a single computer at a blazing 300 bps.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferrably in the dark"
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it"

User avatar
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:40 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#17 Post by marlinman93 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:38 am

So why do I have to log in every day now? Or if I leave the site for any time I have to log in again? I never logged out, and I clicked the "remember me" box, but it doesn't remember me.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/

User avatar
BlaineG
Posting leader...
Posts: 24860
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Spanaway, Washington

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#18 Post by BlaineG » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:10 pm

As Long As You Have A Sharp Stick, Never Give Up. Take One Of Them With You When They Come For You. :evil:

User avatar
David
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#19 Post by David » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:18 pm

All I can say is clear all your caches and start over, if you got old cookies laying around it will take quite sometime for them to expire.
There's no settings to fix this.

User avatar
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4695
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: On the Beach

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#20 Post by jeepnik » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:22 pm

David wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:18 pm
All I can say is clear all your caches and start over, if you got old cookies laying around it will take quite sometime for them to expire.
There's no settings to fix this.
Been there, done that.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferrably in the dark"
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it"

User avatar
David
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#21 Post by David » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:25 pm

jeepnik wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:22 pm
David wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:18 pm
All I can say is clear all your caches and start over, if you got old cookies laying around it will take quite sometime for them to expire.
There's no settings to fix this.
Been there, done that.
I guess the only option then is to have the browser remember your password, there is no make cookies work setting.

User avatar
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 4695
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: On the Beach

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#22 Post by jeepnik » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:31 pm

My browser will remember user names when I left click the box. Then the browser automatically populates the password (hey, this ain't Ft. Knox). Hit submit/login and away you go. Yep, we gotta click a button three times. Geesh! you are making us work so hard. :roll:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferrably in the dark"
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it"

User avatar
David
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#23 Post by David » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:37 pm

It's working in all my browsers now, try one more time.

User avatar
AmBraCol
Webservant
Posts: 2470
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:12 am
Location: The Center of God's Grace
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#24 Post by AmBraCol » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:12 pm

Just checked in Opera. levergunscommunity.org does not require me to login again after closing browser.

Chrome was a bit more problematic. Since the history and prediction and all that stuff was working together, it kept wanting to bring up the .com version of the link. When it would then flip to .org, I'd have to relogin again again. However, after making sure the URL was correct (ie: https://www.levergunscommunity.org ) I would highlight it and press "Enter" several times in a row, effectively reloading the site each time. Each time my account was logged in automatically. Then I closed Chrome and opened it again. This time my session logged in automatically like it should.
Paul - in Pereira


"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com

User avatar
AmBraCol
Webservant
Posts: 2470
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:12 am
Location: The Center of God's Grace
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#25 Post by AmBraCol » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:19 pm

OK. BEFORE I did the above, I went to Chrome settings (click the three dots at the top right below the X to close the window, scroll down the menu to "Settings")

Next, I scrolled down to "Advanced" and clicked on it.

Then scroll to "Content Settings"

Click on "Cookies"

Scroll down to levergunscommunity.com

Click the trash can icon to the right of levergunscommunity.com

You've just erased the .com cookies.

Now, make SURE you've got http://www.levergunscommunity.org in your browser's URL window, press enter. Log in. Do the same thing a couple more times. You should be good to go.
Paul - in Pereira


"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com

User avatar
David
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#26 Post by David » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:20 pm

Ok all the daggers put away? :D

User avatar
Griff
Posting leader...
Posts: 17400
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:56 pm
Location: OH MY GAWD they installed a STOP light!!!

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#27 Post by Griff » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:54 pm

Thanks David, got mine working again... :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!

User avatar
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner
Posts: 3074
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:40 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#28 Post by marlinman93 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Never did anything, but today mine is working again. Came here and I was logged in without having to do anything special.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/

Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 714
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: South East South Dakota

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#29 Post by Catshooter » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:05 am

Nope. Still makes me log on each visit.

Don't use Chrome.

Don't want erase all of my cookies, then I have to log into every site I visit again.

Don't know where to find just the leverguns cookie.

I'm using .org, not .com.

This is a change from the sites end, can't it be fixed on the site?

Done whinning.


Cat

User avatar
AmBraCol
Webservant
Posts: 2470
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:12 am
Location: The Center of God's Grace
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#30 Post by AmBraCol » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:32 am

Catshooter wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:05 am
Nope. Still makes me log on each visit.

Don't use Chrome.

Don't want erase all of my cookies, then I have to log into every site I visit again.

Don't know where to find just the leverguns cookie.

I'm using .org, not .com.

This is a change from the sites end, can't it be fixed on the site?

Done whinning.


Cat
OK. Here we go. :)

Don't use Chrome.

Don't want erase all of my cookies, then I have to log into every site I visit again.

Don't know where to find just the leverguns cookie.
What browser ARE you using? We can't help you locate it if we don't know what you're using.

I'm using .org, not .com.
That's where you need to be. Now, try changing your book mark (or just log in at) to https://levergunscommunity.org - note that that s in https is important.
This is a change from the sites end, can't it be fixed on the site?
Yes, the change is on the site, but the issue is how modern browsers cache everything and assume they know what you want to do. Usually they're right. In this case, however, they're wrong. If we were to go back then we'd lose the security of having a certificate that allows us to provide a more secure website and one that's not going to set off all kinds of stupid alarm bells when certain changes come through the 'net. So our best bet is to do our best to help individuals who are having issues so that we'll all benefit from having a more secure site to communicate on.

Done whinning.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease and the whining user gets the tech support! :D If you can try the tips above and let us know what browser you're using, perhaps we can get you up and running smoothly again.

Shucks, I had a few days in which the autologin wasn't working, it's not just you guys.
Paul - in Pereira


"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com

User avatar
KWK
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 703
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:31 am
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#31 Post by KWK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 am

I have the most recent copy of Safari on my Mac. I flushed the caches, deleted the levergunscommunity cookies (.com and .org), and am using the .org site. I'm forgotten as soon as I leave the site. If I keep the sid field with the site address, it will remember me for the day, but by morning I'm nobody.

User avatar
David
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#32 Post by David » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:48 am

KWK wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 am
I have the most recent copy of Safari on my Mac. I flushed the caches, deleted the levergunscommunity cookies (.com and .org), and am using the .org site. I'm forgotten as soon as I leave the site. If I keep the sid field with the site address, it will remember me for the day, but by morning I'm nobody.
Let me look again :cry:

User avatar
AmBraCol
Webservant
Posts: 2470
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:12 am
Location: The Center of God's Grace
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#33 Post by AmBraCol » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:39 am

KWK wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 am
I have the most recent copy of Safari on my Mac. I flushed the caches, deleted the levergunscommunity cookies (.com and .org), and am using the .org site. I'm forgotten as soon as I leave the site. If I keep the sid field with the site address, it will remember me for the day, but by morning I'm nobody.
But, but, but Macs are PERFECT they tell me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul - in Pereira


"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com

User avatar
BlaineG
Posting leader...
Posts: 24860
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Spanaway, Washington

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#34 Post by BlaineG » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:47 am

At the bottom of the Page, there is a "button" to delete all board cookies. Shouldn't that work? (It doesn't)
As Long As You Have A Sharp Stick, Never Give Up. Take One Of Them With You When They Come For You. :evil:

User avatar
Old Savage
Posting leader...
Posts: 12239
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:43 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#35 Post by Old Savage » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Org works for me. Stays logged in with Chrome on the desk top on my phone.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

User avatar
KWK
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 703
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:31 am
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#36 Post by KWK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:19 pm

AmBraCol wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:39 am
But, but, but Macs are PERFECT they tell me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I assure you, they are not.

User avatar
KWK
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 703
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:31 am
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#37 Post by KWK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:42 pm

I have the same problem here with Edge on Win10. The only difference is my 6-1/2 year old, low end Mac is quicker and smoother than the 9 month old Win10 machine. :wink:

Interestingly, here on Edge, if I open a new tab and have it go to .org, it is oblivious to the fact I'm logged in on the adjacent tab and instead offers a Login option in the new tab. Ah, I see it's the same way on Safari, too.

When cookies are created, can they be set to a single window or tab? I can't say I've seen such behavior on other sites. Usually if I'm logged in on one tab, I can go view another thread through another tab just fine.

Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 714
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: South East South Dakota

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#38 Post by Catshooter » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:07 pm

Thanks Paul.

I'm using Edge in Windows 10 Home.

But, shortly after posting my query, my computer crashed, hard. So off it goes for warranty repair and I bought a new one. So it's a new ball game and we'll see how it goes.


Cat

User avatar
Nate Kiowa Jones
Site Sponsor
Posts: 2287
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Lampasas, Texas
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#39 Post by Nate Kiowa Jones » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:22 am

AmBraCol wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:12 pm
Just checked in Opera. levergunscommunity.org does not require me to login again after closing browser.

Chrome was a bit more problematic. Since the history and prediction and all that stuff was working together, it kept wanting to bring up the .com version of the link. When it would then flip to .org, I'd have to relogin again again. However, after making sure the URL was correct (ie: https://www.levergunscommunity.org ) I would highlight it and press "Enter" several times in a row, effectively reloading the site each time. Each time my account was logged in automatically. Then I closed Chrome and opened it again. This time my session logged in automatically like it should.
AmBraCol wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:19 pm
OK. BEFORE I did the above, I went to Chrome settings (click the three dots at the top right below the X to close the window, scroll down the menu to "Settings")

Next, I scrolled down to "Advanced" and clicked on it.

Then scroll to "Content Settings"

Click on "Cookies"

Scroll down to levergunscommunity.com

Click the trash can icon to the right of levergunscommunity.com

You've just erased the .com cookies.

Now, make SURE you've got http://www.levergunscommunity.org in your browser's URL window, press enter. Log in. Do the same thing a couple more times. You should be good to go.
I've done both of those now several times and I still have to log-in several times a day.
Steve Young aka Nate Kiowa Jones Sass# 6765

Steve's Guns aka "Rossi 92 Specialists"
205 Antler lane
Lampasas, Texas 76550


http://www.stevesgunz.com

Email; steve@stevesgunz.com

Tel: 512-564-1015

Image

User avatar
Old Savage
Posting leader...
Posts: 12239
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:43 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#40 Post by Old Savage » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Put it in Chrome on the desk top.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

User avatar
Nate Kiowa Jones
Site Sponsor
Posts: 2287
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Lampasas, Texas
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#41 Post by Nate Kiowa Jones » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:01 pm

Old Savage wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:13 pm
Put it in Chrome on the desk top.
Just tried it. Didn't work :(
Steve Young aka Nate Kiowa Jones Sass# 6765

Steve's Guns aka "Rossi 92 Specialists"
205 Antler lane
Lampasas, Texas 76550


http://www.stevesgunz.com

Email; steve@stevesgunz.com

Tel: 512-564-1015

Image

User avatar
BlaineG
Posting leader...
Posts: 24860
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Spanaway, Washington

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#42 Post by BlaineG » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:51 pm

I-Mac and Chrome (NOT Safari !! ) No crashes in >6 years. Never paid for a new OS, they download for free. Same with all the updates. Screw Bill Gates and his contraption from Hades. :lol: Oh, I do have to suck the dust out of the back vent hole with a vacuum attachment once or twice a year. Heat will make I-Mac cranky.
As Long As You Have A Sharp Stick, Never Give Up. Take One Of Them With You When They Come For You. :evil:

User avatar
David
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#43 Post by David » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:11 pm

BlaineG wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:51 pm
I-Mac and Chrome (NOT Safari !! ) No crashes in >6 years. Never paid for a new OS, they download for free. Same with all the updates. Screw Bill Gates and his contraption from Hades. :lol: Oh, I do have to suck the dust out of the back vent hole with a vacuum attachment once or twice a year. Heat will make I-Mac cranky.
Actually the OS upgrades for MAC's are free (If you do it during the time window before the next OS I believe) I not saying however I would do them however.
My friend always called it coopitition with a MAC it's not so significant but his definition was Microsoft and Intel were in co-hoots the Windows would bloat ever version so you would need a new faster machine with more memory.

It's funny how some of these type of words actually make it into the main stream like Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an a...hole.

User avatar
Nate Kiowa Jones
Site Sponsor
Posts: 2287
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: Lampasas, Texas
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#44 Post by Nate Kiowa Jones » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:50 pm

Anyone else got any ideas on staying logged in?
Steve Young aka Nate Kiowa Jones Sass# 6765

Steve's Guns aka "Rossi 92 Specialists"
205 Antler lane
Lampasas, Texas 76550


http://www.stevesgunz.com

Email; steve@stevesgunz.com

Tel: 512-564-1015

Image

User avatar
KWK
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 703
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:31 am
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#45 Post by KWK » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:23 pm

I'm in the same boat as you.

I've tried 3 different browsers and 2 OS's, to no avail. Even keeping a tab open to the logged in page, my log in soon expires. I logged in about 2 hours ago, went to this thread, put the computer to sleep, and when I returned, I was logged off. Bookmarking the forum page after you log-in keeps your session ID with the URL, but this works for only an hour or so.

I don't often post, so I'll just log in when I do, or I want to see a posted picture.

User avatar
J Miller
Member Emeritus
Posts: 14232
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Not in IL no more ... :)

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#46 Post by J Miller » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm in the same boat. I have log back in every time I visit. I've tried everything suggested without success.
Not sure what to do now.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***

Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 714
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: South East South Dakota

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#47 Post by Catshooter » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:17 pm

It looks to me like the problem is not on the user end since there is such a wide variety of users, their computer skill levels and different operating systems.

Didn't this all start with a server/site upgrade?

I think we're all going to have to wait for something of that end to get handled. I don't envy the system operator's or administrators job. Or whoever gets to fix it. I sure as hell know I couldn't do it.


Cat

User avatar
David
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#48 Post by David » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:54 pm

I've now forced not only .org but https.
If this doesn't do it I just don't know and I'll try getting a "better" answer from the software board.

User avatar
KWK
Levergunner 3.0
Posts: 703
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:31 am
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#49 Post by KWK » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:45 pm

David, it's now working for me with Safari on a Mac here. I can open a new tab to this site and find I'm logged in. I'll look to see if it holds in the morning and report back. Karl

User avatar
BlaineG
Posting leader...
Posts: 24860
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:22 pm
Location: Spanaway, Washington

Re: use levergunscommunity.org vs .com

#50 Post by BlaineG » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:57 pm

David wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:11 pm
BlaineG wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:51 pm
I-Mac and Chrome (NOT Safari !! ) No crashes in >6 years. Never paid for a new OS, they download for free. Same with all the updates. Screw Bill Gates and his contraption from Hades. :lol: Oh, I do have to suck the dust out of the back vent hole with a vacuum attachment once or twice a year. Heat will make I-Mac cranky.
Actually the OS upgrades for MAC's are free (If you do it during the time window before the next OS I believe) I not saying however I would do them however.
My friend always called it coopitition with a MAC it's not so significant but his definition was Microsoft and Intel were in co-hoots the Windows would bloat ever version so you would need a new faster machine with more memory.

It's funny how some of these type of words actually make it into the main stream like Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an a...hole.
I'm trying to decide if you're calling me names. If not, I'm not sure why you'd roam off into left field like this? :wink:
As Long As You Have A Sharp Stick, Never Give Up. Take One Of Them With You When They Come For You. :evil:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RobertS, win40-82 and 4 guests