New sights on my RIA .45 Auto

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

New sights on my RIA .45 Auto

Post by piller »

I bought some Trijicon night sights for my Rock Island .45 Auto and took it to a Local Gun Store to have them installed. M.A.P. Arms in Lancaster, TX. they are just up the road from me a little way but on the East side of I35E. They are between Bear Creek Road and Parkerville road. The installation looks great to me and I can see the sights on that pistol without using reading glasses for the first time in a couple of years. He had to file the rear dovetail some to make it where the sight would fit and he had to file and flatten the front a little so that the front sight would fit. Even though the sights say that they are a fit for the series 70 Colt and Armscor says that the RIA is a series 70 match, the dovetail and hole were not exactly a true fit. I couldn't have put them on. I don't have the skill or the equipment, and without both of those requirements I am going to have someone else do it. The cost was reasonable to me and the quality of the install appears to be excellent, even though the slide was not really made to have the sights upgraded. The white dots are large enough for me to see easily and they seem to line up perfectly when held as if pointing at a target. When I can get to a range the report will be posted.
031.JPG
030.JPG
027.JPG
024.JPG
023.JPG
I will be purchasing more sights to upgrade some other pistols for better visibility and taking them to M.A.P. Arms for the install. He did not insist that I Purchase the sights from him, and he was very polite and professional. Great service at a reasonable price.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: New sights on my RIA .45 Auto

Post by gamekeeper »

Nice job, I'm sure you will see an improvement, I recently bought an air rifle with fibre optic sights and the difference they have made to my old eyes is amazing, I hope to fit similar sights on my .22 rifles.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Very nice sights, look great. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Congratulations on your RIA and the sights. That should be comforting combination there!
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt