Is this legit...???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Is this legit...???

Post by AJMD429 »

This 1Lt Clint Lorance is in prison for having his unit marksmen target individuals the 'authorities' didn't think were for-sure Taliban people.

https://www.presidentialpardonpetition.com/trump105/
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Washita
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Is this legit...???

Post by Washita »

I sure hope so. I just signed the petition.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

I'll do considerable more research before I decide whether to sign or not. So far, what I find is some pretty damning evidence against him, and some pretty thin argument in his favor.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Lorance

Seems this happened 3 years ago... But I too signed it in support of our boys in uniform!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have looked up what I could find. I filtered what I read through my own personal experiences, and I believe he was unjustly convicted. Having been in the Army and not really fitting in with the good ol' boy network, I read a lot into the comments from the soldiers who testified against him. He was new, he didn't hang out with them, he didn't drink with them, he was there to do his job, and the men appeared to me to resent that as only an enlisted man who thinks of it as a way to keep from doing any real work can. I was around some top notch soldiers, and I was around some whom I would not hire to keep a chair seat occupied. The ones who couldn't even keep a chair seat occupied where more likely to be promoted than the good ones were. Zynulene Davidson, an E6, Gary V. Phillips, an E7, and Willie T. Williams, an E9, were the best Sergeants I ever knew. They were stand up honorable men who were real leaders and deserved to be promoted. There were a whole bunch of Sergeants and below whom I wouldn't even acknowledge if I met them on the street today. 1LT Brian Haebig, 1LT Bartholomew U. Shreve, and 1LT Kevin J. Woods were some great officers whom I served under. I really think those 3 would have done it the same way as 1LT Lorance did. Lt. Col.(now a General) Mitchell Zais, and Major General Edwin Burba were two more Officers I served under. Both of them wanted to keep us alive and able to do our jobs to the highest of military standards. My opinion is that they would have made the same call.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Unfortunately a "war zone" is a dangerous place; sad we hold our soldiers to the standard we'd hold a cop in the US to.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Here's an article that should be considered...

http://taskandpurpose.com/think-lt-clin ... -murderer/
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Pisgah wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:33 am Here's an article that should be considered...

Have to join the sight to be able to read the article. I don't need more spam emails.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

I didn't have to join. I just closed the login box and was able to read the article.
marlinman93 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:36 am
Pisgah wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:33 am Here's an article that should be considered...

Have to join the sight to be able to read the article. I don't need more spam emails.
The Lord Bless You

Terry
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

I think he is guilty. Not signing it.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Thanks. Went back and the pop up to join or sign in didn't come up. After spending an hour on the internet looking at everything written about the case, I'm unsure how innocent the Lieutenant is. Sure seems to have made some very bad decisions, and not based on fearing for his safety, or his troops safety. Considering there was a grape field between them, and they were 200 yds. away, I'm not surprised the motorcycle didn't stop. I'd be surprised if they could even hear anyone shouting to stop.
Seems like a very bad decision on his part, and although I always error towards supporting our troops, I can't see any evidence that he was wrongfully convicted.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

They need to pardon William Calley first.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I am not a fellow who believes that killing the enemy in a war-zone should be a crime.

However, there was a young Marine who killed an entire family just so that he could rape and murder the 14-year old daughter. THAT is a crime.

If that poor, innocent civilian was inside a defensive perimeter and not obeying the instructions of the military authority... He was the enemy.

The distinction doesn't seem, in my mind, to be a matter of degrees.

Black/White.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.