10/22 Backpacker

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

10/22 Backpacker

Post by 2ndovc »

Local toy store has had some good stuff lately. I've been wanting one for these and couldn't pass up on the sale they were having at $260. :D

Stopped by the range to pop off a few rounds. Just 25 yds offhand after a pot of coffee but pretty close to POA right out of the box. I've been debating on whether to put a scope on it or not. I might try it and see if I like it better. Only complaint is the trigger stinks. Very heavy for a .22lr. I'll probably end up changing out the whole trigger group.

Anyway, it's a hoot! Can't have enough .22s!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Ysabel Kid

Re: 10/22 Backpacker

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I bought one of the 10/22 TD's the first year they were out, on sale at Academy Sports. I really like it, and do have a scope on it. I sent it off to have the barrel shortened and threaded. Ruger introduced the same variation the next year! :D
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Yeah, the threaded part was nice. I'm going to start the process on a suppressor soon due to the recent varmint invasion. The boys on the farms down the street must have done a number on the coyotes around here. The raccoon, rabbit and woodchuck population sure has popped up.

jb 8)

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

It would be nice if Congress would act on the Hearing Protection Act and remove suppressors from the 1934 National Firearms Act list!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have one of those with the threaded muzzle and I carry a craftsman wrench of the appropriate size to remove that flash hider when other things need mounted on those threads. Notice how there is an extra sleeve in that backpack? I used a set of warne qd rings and a Vortex crossfire II on mine. QD rings do return that scope to within a quarter inch POI at fifty yards. Can use with or without scope. Bought them from ecop off ebay new for like $50. Works well for me.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

2ndovc wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:29 pm Yeah, the threaded part was nice. I'm going to start the process on a suppressor soon due to the recent varmint invasion. The boys on the farms down the street must have done a number on the coyotes around here. The raccoon, rabbit and woodchuck population sure has popped up.

jb 8)
Look into the Thompson Machine one they make called the Operative....it is integrally suppressed and just replaces your takedown barrel. Super quiet and no extra length or weight. I have other suppressors I can put on my threaded 10/22 takedown barrel, but they are SO much less handy than just having the integrally-suppressed type would be, especially on that light-weight little package...!

Video of Operative TD = https://youtu.be/xv6_5fuuimc

I have the original non-takedown version made for the regular 10/22, and it is awesome. So quiet I put it on my levergun 96/22 instead of the 10/22 so no noise at all (no 'action' clackety clack). If I fire at a snow-bank 200 yards away, the loudest sound is still the bullet hitting the snow, which is not much louder than the soft click of the hammer-fall...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have a Warlock 22 suppressor that I use.
The only reason I use a detachable suppressor is I switch it between guns. I have 2 10/22's, a Ruger MARK II handgun , a Henry 001 large loop, and a Savage 22 bolt gun all threaded, and use the same suppressor on each, depending on the application. Just another thought. I am 100percent in agreement that the Hearing protection Act of 2017 should be signed SOON.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Looked at the TD, but can't convince myself I want one. I have a few take downs including an AR-7, Papoose, Winny 62 and M-39A Centennial. Of those the M-39 is the most reliable and accurate.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I bought a stainless take down last summer. I put a Burris Speed Dot on it and it's my go to...I have a couple of the Ruger-approved 25 round mags....my mini-EBR :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

harry wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:53 pm Or just get this: http://www.ruger-firearms.com/micros/si ... index.html
500 plus a 200 dollar stamp? Wow....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Maybe the best money I've spent on the 10-22 recently,mine was collecting dust but this got me interested again. https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/817
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

model55 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:12 pm Maybe the best money I've spent on the 10-22 recently,mine was collecting dust but this got me interested again. https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/817
Drop in? No fitting? 8)
I've been thinking about the Ruger target trigger, but yours is 20 bucks cheaper.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Cool! Thanks for the link.

Those Ruger integral suppressors are cool but I want to be able to use it on my .22 bolt actions too. The SilencerCo Sparrow was around $300 or so. Still doing my research. Just getting started on the suppressor thing.

jb 8)

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jason be very careful once you get the first taste it is very addictive. I have a silencerco hybrid in ATFE jail now. Main weapon will be my 1895 45/70 takedown, but because of the design will also be used on 35remington, 357 rossi 1892, 223 savage boltgun, and 458socom AR, and a 1911. ONE taxstamp multiple calibers.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Your right on that one! I'm already thinking about the next one. :D

jb 8)

model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

BlaineG wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:27 am
model55 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:12 pm Maybe the best money I've spent on the 10-22 recently,mine was collecting dust but this got me interested again. https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/817
Drop in? No fitting? 8)
I've been thinking about the Ruger target trigger, but yours is 20 bucks cheaper.
Blaine G it is drop in , pay attention to how the springs need to set back in and it works great. Problem now is I've started looking at other things I can mess with in there.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

fordwannabe wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:09 am Jason be very careful once you get the first taste it is very addictive. I have a silencerco hybrid in ATFE jail now. Main weapon will be my 1895 45/70 takedown, but because of the design will also be used on 35remington, 357 rossi 1892, 223 savage boltgun, and 458socom AR, and a 1911. ONE taxstamp multiple calibers.
I do much the same with my LibertyCans Mystic; I got it for a 357 Mag levergun project, but use it on my 9mm Glock, Taurus, and soon on my Calico 9mm, plus 22 LR's (10/22, Savage bolt, Charger, Mk-3/45) 223's (Mini-14, AR's, Rem 700), 300 Blackout (AR, Mini-14, and Encore), and 308 subsonic (Savage Hog Rifle). Plan to thread a 35 Rem, some 22 WMR's, a 22 Hornet, and.....the 357 levergun I originally bought it for...... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "