keep or sell?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

keep or sell?

Post by rossim92 »

As I said in an earlier post, My budy got laid off from his jib and is moving to n.c. He was short on funds and agreed to loan him some bucks with a remington .17 rem centerfire boltaction with a 300 buck scope as collateral the stock is wood with checkering.. I don't really expect the money back, just helping out a friend. I really don't care for boltactions, and thinking of trading it for an ar-15 in the 5.56 . My son has two ars and loves them. I think they are pretty neat for an ar. the rilfe was well taken of and short of getting appraised from dealer , anybody here have an idea what its worth.? I looked all over the net and the .17 rem centerfire is hard to find. It loads the ammo through the action and only holdsa few rds., I havent shot it yet!!!!!!!!!!!! what say ye?
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: keep or sell?

Post by GunnyMack »

17 rem is potent on smaller critters, rock chucks, groundhogs, prairie dogs, ground squirrels etc. can be used for coyotes/fox too. Little light for that IMO. THOSE 25 grain bullets are fast an flat BUT the barrels tend to foul, kinda tough to find cleaning rods, brushes...

Would I trade it off... Maybe not yet. Find some Ammo and play with it a bit. Ya never know you might get to liking it.i know my Rem 700 in 17 is a real shooter!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Can one legally sell loan collateral ?

Can one morally sell a buddy's loan collateral ?

Inquiring minds need to know......... ;)

rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

Pete44ru wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:03 am .

Can one legally sell loan collateral ?

Can one morally sell a buddy's loan collateral ?

Inquiring minds need to know......... ;)

The deal was when he got settled, i would ask if he wants it back, If not , no hard feelings, then I would decide if i keep or trade. Yea, ammo kinda expensive , but, gonna shoot it a bit first. have 100 rds of ammo that came with it.. anybody here load for the .17 rem centerfire/
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Use to load for it long ago. If you trade it off, take the scope off as most places won't pay more if it has a scope on it or not. Check out gunbroker, I think the 17rem 700bdl is worth a bit. If you want an AR15, you should be able to trade even, though the scope has been removed.

That ammo is worth a bit too.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

ARs are as cheap now as they have ever been. I doubt I would trade anything of much value for one. Better to sell outright and buy an AR configured the way you want.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I bought and sold 3 handguns and 1 rifle I never shot, regret it to this day. You gotta at least shoot some paper and blow up some water filled bottles before you do get rid of it. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

vancelw wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:20 pm ARs are as cheap now as they have ever been. I doubt I would trade anything of much value for one. Better to sell outright and buy an AR configured the way you want.
+1

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.