A public thank you to sixgun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

A public thank you to sixgun

Post by fordwannabe »

First Jack has kinda taken me under his wing and helped me a ton with knowledge about antique leverguns (sold me an awesome 336SC deluxe in 35Remington too). I wanted to thank him publicly for something else though, a newish member of this forum was looking for some scarce but not rare cases and I knew where a guy had some for sale. I bought and shipped them to the forum member explaining the Six gun method. Mrs fordwannabe said I was nuts, but on this site( and only this site) it seemed natural to help the guy out and get him up and running. I thank Six and most of the regulars here for making this a place where a man's word means something. I would not have thought of this by myself and thank all but especially JACK for his example.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A public thank you to sixgun

Post by Rube Burrows »

Well said and I agree. This particular forum has some of the most stand up people around. I have always enjoyed any dealings with the people here. My local forum could take notes from this one.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Rube Burrows wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:56 am Well said and I agree. This particular forum has some of the most stand up people around. I have always enjoyed any dealings with the people here. My local forum could take notes from this one.
+1 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yep. I still think I live in a world where principles and doing the right thing is the rule.
And a handshake is as good, or better, than a 20-page lawyer-written contract.

Not everyone I deal with outside of Leverguns lives in my world though..... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Amen.

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

He may be and ornery old cuss but he is darn sure good people.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
moxford
Levergunner

Post by moxford »

"Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery."

I may be new here, and have never met him, but I have already felt Sixgun's influence through the generosity of the forum members in private messages. In this day and age of forums and online messaging, it says a lot about the members and the community as a whole when a new member (myself) is welcomed so warmly and openly, to include offers of assistance.

Thank you to Sixgun, and to everyone who has followed along in his tracks in the Sixgun-style.

With much respect,
Mike
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yea, I tell 'ya...that Sixgun cat is the coolest thing since sliced bread. :D (And my buddy Tom, (fordwanna be a Mustang) or something like that who is rapidly gaining and learning the positive capitalistic result of acquiring fine Winchesters and Colts...(and Marlins).... to my level) :D Yea....your the next recipient of "the prototype"....Ben's talk.

Funny thing, I have been involved with upstate matches, tellin' lies, and just generally carousing in a dilapidated mental state for the last several months. I never knew laziness could be so rewarding and life fulfilling. For real, I'm a poster child for individuals who die after retiring.......this "no work" lifestyle is nice, not having to get up at someone else's command and going to bed when I damm well feel like it. Those checks come in regularly from my 44 years of indentured servitude to "the man".

I do check in from to time but I'm getting too lazy to respond.........pass the imported beer, buttercup......ok, slip in a double shot of 101 Wild Turkey....another "for real".....my wife and I have been out for dinner and refreshments more in the last year than we have in the previous 45 years........I think they call it "fruits of your labor" or possibly, "you reap what you sow"......either way, I am now a professional bum and have no guilty conscience.

I still have a major "shytload" of dies, moulds, guns, and other goodies for sale from that big acquisition a few months ago....but.....this stuff is not eating anything and takes up little room. Stay tuned, I'll eventually get around to it and when I do, it will be Tom's (fordwannabe) description of me,......you say what you want and I send...the bucks always arrives.......good dudes here.

Thank you Tom!!!!!......I'm sending the prototype 336 to you tomorrow......a word of caution...don't hold your breath.... :D ...----Jack aka....6
Model A Uzi’s
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I've been here about 16 years. A lot of Great members have come and gone. I can hardly be leave how much I have learned Here. Six is a Forum Treasure just like Mike D. was, You cannot measure what the amount of experience and willingness to share is worth. I have only had one bad experience here with a new member a few years ago, but lessoned learned.
I am truly Happy For any of Us who Gets to retire and be happy. many do not. I have been at My job for 45 years and now the countdown begins.......Have Fun Six. :D
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jack I would love to be the next caretaker of " the prototype" but not yet. That will mean more to me the longer it is "Sixgun's 336 prototype". You let me know when it's time. A sincere Thank You for the sixgun method and the example it sets. Have fun and come visit us here, on occasion.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Oops double post
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

It's just too bad he lives way over there.

It would be much better if he lived closer to here... whether "here" is Texas, Wyoming, or somewhere else other than where "the people" (the parasites) have rejected what their Elders established in the late 1770s...

Besides, as things stand I can't visit without a 4 day drive or a TSA rectal probe... and as great as he is, he ain't worth that. :wink:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey Jack, you got groupies! :D
Just hackin on ya bud.
Ole Six is the best. I've been down to visit him a couple times, and I can tell you guys, he is exactly what he is here. He has used me MORE than fair in our dealings.
Heck, he sent a complete, like new Dillon setup to my son. Boxed her all up and away it went. Told him to send a check if he wanted to keep it. That's a straight up guy where I come from.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your retirement bud! I don't know anyone who deserves it more. Sounds like you been havin a good time with the boys at the matches. That's gotta be rough crowd. :D
Last edited by OldWin on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:30 pm Yea, I tell 'ya...that Sixgun cat is the coolest thing since sliced bread. :D (And my buddy Tom, (fordwanna be a Mustang) or something like that who is rapidly gaining and learning the positive capitalistic result of acquiring fine Winchesters and Colts...(and Marlins).... to my level) :D Yea....your the next recipient of "the prototype"....Ben's talk.

Funny thing, I have been involved with upstate matches, tellin' lies, and just generally carousing in a dilapidated mental state for the last several months. I never knew laziness could be so rewarding and life fulfilling. For real, I'm a poster child for individuals who die after retiring.......this "no work" lifestyle is nice, not having to get up at someone else's command and going to bed when I damm well feel like it. Those checks come in regularly from my 44 years of indentured servitude to "the man".

I do check in from to time but I'm getting too lazy to respond.........pass the imported beer, buttercup......ok, slip in a double shot of 101 Wild Turkey....another "for real".....my wife and I have been out for dinner and refreshments more in the last year than we have in the previous 45 years........I think they call it "fruits of your labor" or possibly, "you reap what you sow"......either way, I am now a professional bum and have no guilty conscience.

I still have a major "shytload" of dies, moulds, guns, and other goodies for sale from that big acquisition a few months ago....but.....this stuff is not eating anything and takes up little room. Stay tuned, I'll eventually get around to it and when I do, it will be Tom's (fordwannabe) description of me,......you say what you want and I send...the bucks always arrives.......good dudes here.

Thank you Tom!!!!!......I'm sending the prototype 336 to you tomorrow......a word of caution...don't hold your breath.... :D ...----Jack aka....6
Good for you! I'm happy to hear retirement suits you. Now you are inspiring us on yet another level! :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Here you go Six, a kiss for you :-)

You are such a sweet guy :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

This bunch is the only one I've run into since the Studebaker Owners Club that you can trust totally. My wife used to crab at me for sending stuff to Stude members without payment but I never was burned and I would do the same thing here.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Old Savage wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:10 pm Here you go Six, a kiss for you :-)

You are such a sweet guy :-)
OS I want my face where your face is , cheers Six. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Pitch :-)

Lark, and did you ever think why some think OK to wait til THEY receive the money THEY want?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Nobody better than Six!

He had an old Ohaus scale that he listed in the classifieds here and went unsold. A few months later my dad knocked his identical scale off his bench and it wouldn't zero out properly so I asked Six if his was still available. He not only dug it out and had it shipped the next day, but he sold it to me for less than he originally asked! Made an old guy really happy.

Eric

P.S.

I've still only shot about 15 rounds out of that 375 Marlin you sold me, but my wife has put about 600 rounds through it and dropped 3 deer with it so far! I'm told to keep my grubby mitts off the rifle and to keep the reloads coming.

E
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Yooper, want to hear a lot more about that.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Geeze...never knew I had so many friends....please, can each of you send me a G? (thinking about a new Jeep) :D

Anyway, thanks a bunch guys. I really am beginning to consider myself pitiful. Did not get out of bed until 11 today...an hour later than usual.......stayed up and watched "Hacksaw Ridge"....kickass movie.

Spent the day digging out about 30 sets of dies...most all new...gotta post em.

Later in the day, the wife and I went out for beer and Chinese food, then we went down to the feed store to get horse feed and while I was driving I told my wife that the next time Jay and his wife stop down, Old Winchester.....(or anyone who wants to stop over).....I going to take them on a tour as we pass through some of the most hollowed ground in the U.S. on the way to the feed store. It's where Washington and his troops fought during the Battle of the Brandywine, where they camped out, where soldiers are buried and where my wife's uncle found a huge cannon that was buried on his farm back in 1958 that was buried there by the retreating Continental Army. It's displayed on the side of the road. I see this stuff near every day and take it for granted.

I really got start getting a life...put on 15 pounds since last year....beer is my best buddy.-----6
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jack you have a pm.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That there is a plan, ole buddy! That would be really cool!
I am touched that you thought of us.
New Jeep!!?? You aint gettin rid of your Rubi are you? Wife and I been doing a lot of wheeling with the Jeep club this summer. I will have to start a thread and post pics.
Yeah, we don't have any of that cool historic stuff. Less its about logging, or the plaque on the big Maple tree where Elmer got his sister pregnant....... :shock:
Sure can play a banjo though. :D
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:30 pm Yea, I tell 'ya...that Sixgun cat is the coolest thing since sliced bread. :D (And my buddy Tom, (fordwanna be a Mustang) or something like that who is rapidly gaining and learning the positive capitalistic result of acquiring fine Winchesters and Colts...(and Marlins).... to my level) :D Yea....your the next recipient of "the prototype"....Ben's talk.

I'm about 4 years away from where you are now at. Reading your post just reinforces it :mrgreen:
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Old Savage wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:07 pm Yooper, want to hear a lot more about that.
Well, the lady took a real shine to this 375. Calls it the "good looking one" (Used to be my nickname!) She's shot an old 30-30 Stevens bolt gun since she was a teenager and was never interested in anything I brought home until this 375.

The day it showed up I slugged the throat and showed it to her. A few days later I went out back to test some loads and she volunteered to help out with the shooting. It's been hers since. The 375 Winchester is really well suited to the hunting conditions here. Thus far only deer have fallen to it but she's put in for a bear tag. Im sure she'll whack a couple more deer with it this year too. (We have crop damage permits.)

Eric
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh Lordy....Old Winchester made me mess my shorts........."where Elmer got his sister pregnant". :D

Eric...those stories on the Marlin you stole from me is making me jealous. Funny how the human mind works.....when someone else is enjoying your past material items makes you want them back.....That rifle is a tackdriver.....glad your sweetheart is happy with it. Now you can thank me every time you want to go hunting alone and she says, "Eric, I'm coming too, with the .375"

Tman.....tell "the man" your not waiting 4 years...go now before the Muslims take over. :D

Off the subject, my laziness is getting worse.....went to bed at 1 am last night and got up at noon today.

Yea.....I can see the fun and good times coming.........please Miss, I asked for a frosted mug.------6
Model A Uzi’s
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I have to give a tip of the hat to Sixgun as well. He helped me acquire a nice antique sixgun a while back for another friend of mine. Again, Sixgun, a big thank you.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

You're one of a kind Jack, that's for sure! Enjoy your lazy days you earned them. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I'd give up ALL of my Winchesters for the opportunity to be in Old Savages shoes so I could have a chance to squeeze all of the soft stuff that he gets. :D ---6
Model A Uzi’s
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

I could brag about Jack on how he sold a very fine 25-35 to my wife & the only thing she had to go on was his word, or how he tore up a check of mine when he sold me some brass or how he sent me some great cast bullets for a stubborn 38-55, but im not gonna do that

Thanks Jack!!

Brad
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Jack,
It's getting no shortage of attention from her, that's for dam sure.
As far as hunting goes by myself goes, I wish! Still taking care of the old folks. I've only gotten to shoot 4 or 5 times since this business started, far cry from the 5 or 6 days a week I averaged prior! Small price to pay to keep them comfortable and I'm Loading tons for the gal, a couple of neighbors, and my cousin. It honestly gets pretty boring/depressing around here so any empty piece of brass is a welcome distraction.
If you get bored and want to chat guns give me a call some time.

Eric
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Dear Lord please keep me from puking. C.J. If ever seed one.

Oh wait, I got this sweet call Colt in32-20......
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Once again the sixgun method is alive and well. When I arrived home tonight the envelope was in the mail. Inside a check for the amount stated AND an unexpected also unnecessary picture of a founding father. Mike is aokay to deal with. Thanks Mike.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Geeze.....lots of action going on Tom!.....well, I had a little action myself today.....45 years ago...today......I married the girl who has kept me alive...so....we cruised on down to McKensies Brew House and got all slopped up on in-house craft beer and crabs....you know, the crabs you eat, not the ones on toilet seats....... :D

Gettin' the Ruger 357 Max. ready for the silhouette match tomorrow.......if I can see and hold straight......---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Congrats my friend!
Happy Anniversary to you guys! Glad you are getting to spend time together.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Congratulations Jack. My wife and I are going to a drive in movie in Northampton on Saturday night. Me my best girl and her king ranch crew cab. After the Oaks Pa gunshow.