Login Every Time I Visit?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Washita
Levergunner 2.0

Login Every Time I Visit?

Post by Washita »

Why do I have to login every time I visit this site? I've been registered for several years, check "remember me" every time, and still have to login all over again every time I visit. The situation has changed 2 or 3 times over the years. For years I only had to enter the first letter of my user name and that'd bring up the rest of the info automatically. Then, fairly recently when the home page changed, I had a coupla weeks where every time I visited all my info came up automatically when I clicked log in (nice!), then it changed again recently to where I have to enter all the info every time, which situation continues. Has this become the new norm, or am I doing something wrong? It's no big deal, of course, but I prefer the situation that existed a coupla weeks ago. Anybody else experiencing this?
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: Login Every Time I Visit?

Post by Pisgah »

I dunno. I do know that when I try to access the site on my laptop, thru my home wifi router, it lets me right in. When I am using a different wifi, such as when I traveled to Maine two weeks ago, I have to sign in. This, I can understand -- sorta.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

"Maybe" you have the computer set to discard and/or not accept cookies?
You can check Remember Me but if a cookie doesn't stick it won't do any good.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

On my iPad I get in with out having to log in, rarely it'll kick my info out and have to type it all again. My iPhone on the other hand never remembers so I always have to type it.

Not sure what you are using, iPad or laptop or pc but if you have / use AUTO FILL you should be able to add the log in info...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Washita
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Washita »

I'm using a laptop, and haven't changed anything that might affect my logging in. I use Autofill and haven't done anything with cookies. Oh, well--as I said, no big deal. It only takes a minute to log on.
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

Sometimes the cookies get corrupt. Try deleting the cookies for the site. Then login again. Then shutdown the browser. See if it requires you to login the next time you open the site.
The Lord Bless You

Terry
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

41 Redhawk wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:36 pm Sometimes the cookies get corrupt. Try deleting the cookies for the site. Then login again. Then shutdown the browser. See if it requires you to login the next time you open the site.
This.

Open the cookies history and delete anything associated with Levergunscommunity.com
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Is your computer set to automatically download and install updates? This will sometimes reset certain parameters you've set.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

When my IPad starts mis behaving, I give it a time out, just like an unruly child. I shut it off for 10 minutes. Usually when I fire it up it does what I expect. YMMV
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

On my HTC Android I was having to login each time. Investigation indicated that at the bottom right of the active topics page is the three line menu marker. I selected delete all board cookies. I logged in again and so far it is repeatedly logging me in. It stopped doing that after the last board upgrade.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

That is a local (to you) issue, not a forum issue. The forum uses cookies ONLY to keep track of login sessions. That makes keeps your login from getting hijacked. Since it won't log you in automatically, you'll need to clean up whatever cookies you've got from the site and then make sure and ALLOW cookies from Leverguns Community.

The forum software is set to allow you to "log in forever" basically. This works great for folks who log in from home, you don't want to do it from a public computer!
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Washita
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Washita »

Thanks, guys. I deleted the cookies and shut down completely for awhile, but it didn't help. I think I'll just live with signing in every time. Like I said, it's no big deal and is only worth so much effort.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Oddly enough, the new software is working opposite for me.

The old software would log me out (even with appropriate checkmarks) even if I left the forum, visited other websites and came back - still in same browser session

This version is keeping me logged in couple days or week or so at a time

Windows 7 and firefox 32 bit 52, 53, 54 or so, if that helps.

Also running adblock plus, ghostery, https everywhere.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Washita wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:50 am Thanks, guys. I deleted the cookies and shut down completely for awhile, but it didn't help. I think I'll just live with signing in every time. Like I said, it's no big deal and is only worth so much effort.
What browser are you using? I'm usually using Chrome when I come over here, and haven't had to sign in again in weeks/months.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com