Marlin bolt removal

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ridgerunner
Levergunner 2.0

Marlin bolt removal

Post by Ridgerunner »

As I was taking my pre-safety 336 Marlin in .35 Remington apart for cleaning, the bolt closed on me right after I had removed the lever. Any suggestions as to how to remove the bolt which has locked in the forward position?

Thanks in advance.
Confederately yours,

Ridgerunner
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Marlin bolt removal

Post by BenT »

Push it out with a cleaning rod.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If the locking thingamajigger (technical term for the part that the lever shoves up into/around the bolt that locks it forward) is still in the gun, and in the 'up' position, pull it down before you try to push the bolt back with the cleaning rod or dowel.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Part #44 above is the locking bolt, which stays in the receiver when the bolt/lever is removed.

It gets pulled down/up by the hook on the lever during cycling, and with the lever out of the gun might have slipped upwards in it's receiver slot if/when the gun was inverted while cleaning.

Just catch the lower end with a screwdriver & pull it back down, to clear a path for the bolt removal (be sure the hammer is cocked, if it's still in the gun).

Last edited by Pete44ru on Thu May 25, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

locking thingamajigger = part # 44 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "