trip update

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

trip update

Post by Grizz »

been enjoying small town America. best places to dwell or dally are the ones farthest from starbucks and panera.

a man could spend an entire lifetime exploring the Snake, Columbia, and Willamette Rivers. tempting to know I could continue upstream to Lewiston. I really really want to make that trip, but don't have the time for it this year. imagine skiing to the boat from the post office where you picked up a care package.,

yesterday I finally untied miss 350 and let her taste the big muddy Columbia for time under my guidance. boy was she happy. just went east a couple of miles doing boat handling familiarization drills and working on the engine break-in. took my shirt off and alarmed truckers whizzing by in the interstate. it was hot. did I mention that it was Hot, and more of that crazy wx tomorrow I guess. Sheesh.

since getting I installed the engine. NBD, it's an outboard in a well.
I installed a 24 mile radar which works and amused me displaying passing trains that cruise by abt a hundred yards from the boat.
I installed an autopilot that should do around 99.59% of the tiller work, permitting me to keep a sharp lookout and strategerize the obstackle course.
I installed a 140W solar panel that will help keep the battery alive.
More wiring to do before those last items go onlive live.

Hopefully tomorrow I will seatrial the autopilot. after that I will start making punch lists for the final ToDo push to ToDid. then its downstream through three dams to the salty 78% of the globe. or plate if you believe in a flat earth.

then routing decisions when I have a better idea of fuel consumption and agerage dailey runs. until then it's pick pick pick away at the mountain of things to do.

blessings to All of Y'all. I wll try to post when the actual journey, the next phase of the actual journey, which is really all just only one journey . . . , oh well CUL
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: trip update

Post by Blaine »

Sounds like a find adventure....Enjoy 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Been looking forward to a report from you. Reckon you have been a little busy. Thanks for taking the timeout to write.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Send up some youtube videos and get folks to donate to you... like all those other yachters... Surely someone is interested in sailing around the PNW!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:mrgreen: have fun., :mrgreen: