casting weather

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

casting weather

Post by walks with gun »

Finally warm and dry enough to set up to get a start on my bullet casting. I didn't have as much time as I needed but cast about a hundred 214gr. semi wadcutters for my little Rossi 720 44spl. and about a hundred and a half 150gr. semi wadcutters for the S&W model 15 I just gave a home too, it should make a dandy gun for critter control while working around the place. I have at least a half dozen other calibers to cast for, need more time and more decent weather. I also need to make a dummy round or do some measuring and see if these 214gr. Lee semi wadcutters will feed through my Rossi 92 in 44-40 or if I need to order another mold.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: casting weather

Post by earlmck »

I also made a batch of casties yesterday -- 44/280's that I use in revolver and want to try in Rossi, and 358/200's for the 35 Rems. Today is going to be really really nice here so I will go out and shoot a few (maybe even try out the 44's I made yesterday) and maybe have a beer and a peanut with shooting buddies....
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Weather here has sucked big time! Rain and more rain! But today and Thu. it's supposed to get into the 80's and dry! Time for me to also heat up the furnace and get a bunch of bullets cast!!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Mrs fordwannabe laughs at me because everytime I mow the grass I fire up my lead pot when Ibgrab the weedwhacker after mowing. When I get done eating, snorting dodging weeds the pot and mold are ready for a hundred boolits. Works for me and I ain't run out of boolits, or grass yet! Also on rainy miserable days I cast so when it's nice if I get a short day at work(10 hours or less) I can shoot.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

Man, it takes me several tanks of gas and probably two to three hours too mow the two yards and the shooting range with the rider. Keep thinking I should put upa few small backstops and steel targets soI can use up some of my cast bullets while mowing. Kind of a drive by shooting thing, I do get a few gophers and chipmunks whil mowing though.
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

I just got 22 pounds of free lead and I have some casting to do for my .44-40's, I have to cast up some bullets for black powder loads in my '73 short rifle. Got to cook up some more lube too!
I like making black powder .44 wcf cartridges...and then I like shooting them.
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain