Browning 86 src

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Browning 86 src

Post by barbarossa »

Just took delivery of a very nice Browning 86 Src today,I had planned on buying one of the new pedersoli 86 sporting rifles but I ve heard some stories about pedersolis 71/86 rifles not working properly out of the box and was kind of leery plunking down some hard earned cash on a possible dud so when the Browning 86 showed up I jumped on it.Years ago I had one of the browning 86 rifle versions when they first came out and like a fool I sold it off but this carbine is here to stay
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Browning 86 src

Post by .45colt »

I have a 86/71 and it is a fine rifle. the early 86/71's that Cabalas sold had a lot of problems. both Taylors and Cimarron sell the Pedersoli rifles and I haven't seen any horror stories about them. Enjoy the Browning.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I might add that even Browning's may not always be foolproof. this from a few weeks ago.http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=68700
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I have an Browning 86 SRC, high grade, or whatever it is. It has a lot of fancy inlays, etc. Anyway, so far so good, it's a pretty good shooter and never had an issues.
I did however own a new Winchester Extra Lightweight with the top tang safety and at first it shot ok, but eventually started misfiring which has usually been blamed on the rebounding hammer on that model. The dammed safety police have messed up so many good guns, by redesigned them over the years.
NRA Life Member, Patron
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Bought the 86 SRC when it 1st came out. Many rounds down range and never a problem. Slick strong action, like a bank vault closing.