New Colt Cobra

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

New Colt Cobra

Post by Bridger »

I'm encouraged to see Colt back in the double action business again. Anybody held one of these? Thoughts?
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Re: New Colt Cobra

Post by pshort »

Howdy,
I haven't seen one, but I'd bet they aren't near the quality of the old ones... We'll see..

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I read recently that colt is on the balls of its butt again. They alienated the public years ago, were way too proud of their products as well. I wouldn't buy any of their products then and I wouldn't buy new production now, my guess is the QC is not quite up to snuff.
I'd also say that their sales will not go up much since our 2A rights are for the moment safe!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

its a good start....getting back into the da wheel guns......buy its a 38.........a 4" 357mag would be better
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I told my dealer friend to order one for me as soon as one becomes available.

As for current quality control, that's not a issue from what I've seen. The National Match Gold Cup I bought a few months ago is the most accurate, best shooting out of the box 1911 I've ever had and I've had a LOT of 1911's over the years. I ordered mine after shooting the one my dad just bought and then my dealer friend bought one for himself after seeing the how well ours were shooting. He's since bought into the "Authorized Colt Dealer" program which is not their best move when it comes to the smaller retailers but that's another story.

Name another large manufacturer that hasn't made past mistakes. Let's hope they get the issues worked out and this new revolver is a good one. That way they can expand the line.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I really want to see Colt do well. I think they're quality has been pretty good the last few years.
The management of this company, however, has been abysmal since I've been alive.
Word is, when they laid off, they got rid of the guy running the custom shop. He was universally well liked and did a great job, service wise.

Hey, maybe we should all pool our lunch money and buy it!
Sixgun is retired and needs a new hobby. We can vote him CEO.
Now we need a CFO, head of marketing.............. :D

I volunteer for field product testing. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

OldWin wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:27 am I really want to see Colt do well. I think they're quality has been pretty good the last few years.
The management of this company, however, has been abysmal since I've been alive.
Word is, when they laid off, they got rid of the guy running the custom shop. He was universally well liked and did a great job, service wise.

Now that's a great idea!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

2ndovc wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:46 am
OldWin wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:27 am I really want to see Colt do well. I think they're quality has been pretty good the last few years.

Now that's a great idea!

jb 8)
Thanks! I'm just a moron hick, and have no business sense at all.
Once in a while, the light bulb glows. :D
OK. I can put in........let's see.......I got $32.76. We're almost there!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

I have fondled one at a dealer show. They seem to be made of similar quality like the later Colt DA revolvers. The action was smooth, but not like a Python. The rep said the gun is made to handle .357 if Colt chooses to do so.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I saw this discussed elsewhere, I believe some got a chance to shoot the demo models at the SHOT Show. It has a lot of pages, but they are short pages.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php ... Colt-Cobra
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Funny, it looks just like a Charter Arms "Undercover".
I wonder what the price will be?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

765x53 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:12 pm Funny, it looks just like a Charter Arms "Undercover".
I wonder what the price will be?
That little 'pony engraving' will add a couple hundred bucks to the price. Get the Undercover and have it engraved.... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

List price is $699, Cabela's has it on their website for $799. Surprise! God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

GunnyMack wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:49 am I read recently that colt is on the balls of its butt again. They alienated the public years ago, were way too proud of their products as well. I wouldn't buy any of their products then and I wouldn't buy new production now, my guess is the QC is not quite up to snuff.
I'd also say that their sales will not go up much since our 2A rights are for the moment safe!
Colt pretty much abandoned the shooting public in favor of the government contracts. Then cried that they lost business. They were down to about three or four products, the only revolver being a vastly overpriced SAA. They pretty much earned their financial problems.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Colt at one time dang near had the entire market on single actions, (except maybe Ruger) 1911's, and AR-15's. Then lots of other start up companies saw ways to improve these designs and sell them for cheaper.....Colt did not change with the times and being heavily unionized with the UAW did not help. (These union guys went too far) meanwhile , contracts from all over the world for their 'M-4's were coming in heavy....a military general at the helm at Colt let the civilian market slip by....we will see.....---6
Model A Uzi’s