NRA Membership Change

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

NRA Membership Change

Post by Boreman »

With all of the "crazy" talk going on today. I increased my NRA membership to the Endowment Level
as my small part to help the Association continue their fight to protect our 2A right. I am proud of it !
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Re: NRA Membership Change

Post by Terry Murbach »

YOU are well on your way to BENEFACTOR LIFE, Sir , and that is or should be the goal of all NRA members.
Congratulations !
And so it goes...

Member since 1958.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I got a lifetime membership years ago, but realized that although there was a couple hundred bucks 'extra' as a one-time payment, being "a Lifetime Member of the NRA" is a nice thing, but does ALMOST NOTHING to help down the road, so I took out a second membership as a 'subscription' one for two purposes - to get the 'American Hunter' journal as well as the regular one I got with my lifetime membership, and also to be sure the NRA got an ongoing stream of money from me. Not a big deal personally, but those extra fifty bucks or whatever add up when (or IF) a few million members do the same.

Please, those of you who are 'Lifetime Members', don't rest on your laurels - continue to give something regularly, whether in the form of an 'extra' membership of the annual type, or better yet - as a gift to the NRA-ILA. From what I understand, regular 'membership' dues can't be used for the political things the NRA-ILA needs to do, so you need to contribute separately for those.

Also consider joining GunOwners of America, the Second Amendment Foundation, and Jews for Preservation of Firearms Ownership; all three have impressive pro-gun achievements.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

I certainly agree that we need to continue supporting the National Rifle Association. I too just upgraded my membership, from Patron Life to Benefactor Life. And just for good measure the wife upgraded from an Annual membership to a Life membership. :D

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
JRD
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JRD »

I also recently upgraded my membership to Patron. I figured now was a good time to give them a financial boost. The NRA may be able to make some gains in the next four years instead of fighting to maintain what we have.
In the last several years, I have started doing something more important that solely giving the NRA money. I now attend the gun bill hearings at my statehouse and even testified against an anti-gun bill before the House Judiciary committee a couple years ago. Politely contacting legislators and showing up in numbers for a hearing shows the politicians where voters stand.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

JRD wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:34 amPolitely contacting legislators and showing up in numbers for a hearing shows the politicians where voters stand.
You got that right...!

Thanks for doing all those things; it is the only way to preserve liberty.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Yeah, I upgraded to Endowment last year and Patriot this year. Will probably go to Benefactor next year.
I won't go so far as to will them my guns (both of them :wink: )
I will let my girls get first pick and leave specific instruction to my wife to sell them for at least what I gave for them, some for much more, some for a little less.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mohavesam »

Membership is great, a requisite for gun ownership for any citizen patriot.

But donations of time and money are essential. Money can be donated to the NRA Foundation (a 503(c) 1 organization as an exemption unlike any membership level monies.

Bloomberg has recently announced (loudly) that he will give over $15 million to anti-gun organizations for ads and election campaigns, and even here in AZ, legislators are starting to suck up to Bloomberg and the (all due respect) meat puppet Gabby Giffords & her usurping husband. She is a piece of work. She recently warned Congress and Arizona legislators that she would work to remove them from office if they did not vote to disarm AZ citizens in the name of "reducing gun violence". Discussion on this is not needed.

Likewise, your time is worth more than money! Bloomberg cannot devote time and local feet-on-the-ground, but gun owners can!!!

Membership dues and ranks are NOT tax-deductible. there are other ways to make tax-deductible donations - just call!
I'm positive God created the universe... I'm just not convinced He had any choice in the matter.
-A. Einstein
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yes, it's an honor to upgrade.........back in '73 when I first joined, the philosophy was that once you became a life member, you figured you were done and the NRA owed you 20-60 years of benefits.

I'm not cheap by any standards and the gunclub always told us that's it's nice to upgrade, but you need to continue to contribute. By being a yearly member there is always a cash flow into the coffers of the NRA.

In addition to my yearly contribution to membership, I am also involved with competitive NRA shooting which requires an additional payment in the way of fees, competition books, etc. When a five year thingy comes up, I sign up for another 5 years. I'm paid up until I'm about a hundred years old with instructions to my family to discontinue when I buy the farm. I also ALWAYS give a c-note per year when drives come up. Make sense?----6
Model A Uzi’s
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Benefactor Life here.

What I did and still do after Obama was first elected, is to send the NRA-Institute for Legislative Action a monthly cheque. Started out at $5.00 per month and now up to $30.00. Sort of a self-imposed "Ezee-Squeezee" payment and I do not miss the money at all.

For those not familiar with the NRA-ILA: "Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the 'lobbying' arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution." See -- https://www.nraila.org/

But what is troublesome are the shooters, collectors, hunters, etc., who could afford to send a donation or are not members of any pro-firearms organization and/or are non-voters, yet complain and look to the NRA or their state rifle/pistol organization to do something when anti-firearms legislation is proposed or enacted. :twisted:
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Good for you!

I am a Benefactor Life member as well. Thinking the same as Doc and others, once I was done with upgrading my membership, I started my son's "Easy Pay Life" program. He is now a Life Member as well. So now I'll start my daughter's! :D
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Way behind most here :oops: Have only been a yearly member for most of my adult life and just upgraded to life recently. Also upgraded to life at the 2nd AF . Yearly for the State R&PA.
Phil