Model 62 Marlin

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
boolitshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Model 62 Marlin

Post by boolitshooter »

Today was my lucky day. I scored 2 model 62 Marlins. 1 in 30 cal. Carbine and 1 in .256 Winchester Magnum. Got them from a distant cousin.

Anyone have any experience with these rifles?

They were made in the early 60's. They do not have serial #'s. Only 4,000 of these left the factory without them. That 4,000 is for both combined.

By the way these were the first I had seen, I had heard and read about them years ago until these showed up.

Anyone have any knowledge of true value or type of accuracy they are capable of?
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Model 62 Marlin

Post by BenT »

They are fun to shoot with that short throw of the lever. I shot one in 30 carbine and it seem to hit what I was shooting at.Wasn't checking fro accuracy. It was the only gun chambered in 256 mag. I have run across the 30 carbine many times, but never one in 256. I have a Levermatic in 22LR that is accurate. Have fun shooting your new guns!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I've always wanted one since people make fun of my Ruger 96's for being 'ugly' - they look pretty similar, but since the Marlins are 50 years old they are 'classic' now...!

Anyway, sounds like a good score on both of them. Both good chamberings; I think the Marlin 62 is the only 30 Carbine I'd really ever want, and the 256 is a gem.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Got to shoot a .256 when my brother had one. Great shooting gun and easy cartridge to load. I'd want a .30 Carbine to go with my Blackhawk. You'll have some fun with those.

Post by hfcable »

have one of each.......real fun and accurate !

you did great !
cable
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

You did it pretty much the same as I did !

I think I had $850 in the pair but that was a few years ago . Something like 2005-2007 .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
boolitshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by boolitshooter »

I will try to post pictures later today. I look forward to shooting them. They look sleeke than win. 100.
fatboy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by fatboy »

My .30Carbine will place 3 or more handloads into an inch paster at a hunnert yards, if I do my part. Unfortunately, it's gonna have to be sold soon having reached that age when too many of anything could be a burden.
bob