PUPPIES!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

PUPPIES!

Post by GunnyMack »

Good friends breed Labradors. Phone rang at 05:30, first pup was taking its first breath! It's a yellow.
Now to pour a cup of coffee down my throat, walk my girls again and go enjoy the whelping of a new litter!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: PUPPIES!

Post by AmBraCol »

There's nothing like a new litter of pups. Especially if they're someone else's. :-D
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Labradors after they reach 3 years of age are a gift from above. Before three they may be from a different elevation. I have a yellow and a chocolate named Oliver F. Winchester.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

First pup was born at 0530, the 9th was born at 0905! Her first litter no less.
1 black male, 1 yellow, 3 yellow girls & 4 black girls.
Smallest was 13 ounces largest was 18.

I have had litters of my own, never that fast!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Carina and her pups
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

GunnyMack wrote:First pup was born at 0530, the 9th was born at 0905! Her first litter no less.
1 black male, 1 yellow, 3 yellow girls & 4 black girls.
Smallest was 13 ounces largest was 18.

I have had litters of my own, never that fast!

The last bitch we whelped was a beagle. First litter she had two normal and then the next four were via c-section. All survived. Don't have time (not to mention energy) to do that again. Shucks, the little bulldog/pit cross we picked up over a year ago reminded me WHY we don't want to do that again. Puppies are fun - especially when they belong to someone else!

By the way, congratulations to all involved. Looks like mamma is doing great with the pups!
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Very cool! I've been thinking a lot lately that I want another Lab. I have a Lab / Border Collie mix now that's a real sweetheart but I really miss a big, tough, fearless thick headed Black Lab. Not a day goes by that I don't think about my first one Tasha.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

God made puppies adorable so we don't strangle them!

The black I have now (2 litters from her) was THE WORST puppy I have ever had! Ate everything in the house from a couch to a grandfather clock! You name it she chewed it. She was an absolute nightmare until she turned 18 months. It was like a switch was thrown from BAD to GOOD.

I don't care what people say, a dog is the best friend and family member you could ask for.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Cool, grats to the owner. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

GunnyMack wrote:God made puppies adorable so we don't strangle them!

The black I have now (2 litters from her) was THE WORST puppy I have ever had! Ate everything in the house from a couch to a grandfather clock! You name it she chewed it. She was an absolute nightmare until she turned 18 months. It was like a switch was thrown from BAD to GOOD.

I don't care what people say, a dog is the best friend and family member you could ask for.

Man that is right on! Mine was just about two and the switch flipped. It was like she woke up one morning and just went "Everything's cool man, I got this!" . Best dog I've ever had.

jb 8)

TWHBC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TWHBC »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :P
Congratulations, glad no complications !
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Congratulations!

My last lab was half rott. Best dog ever.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

This thread has reminded me, yet again, that my ol' buddy Kody is getting along in years. This was the last day of duck season back in February. Didnt take a single shot, but loved every minute of it watching him enjoy himself. Hell, I let him chase some coots just to get some energy out of him.

Now, we're looking at some puppies to get another buddy in the pipeline. Those little buggers look great, Gunny.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm planning on a litter this spring, Winnie should be in season come May.
All the whining & whimpering from a bunch of new borns is music to my ears!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Stew, that is a fantastic picture! Thanks for sharing that.

jb 8)

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We just got a 12 week old rat terrier about 2 weeks ago. He is a chewer and he can get places I can't even reach into. Puppies are a real gift from GOD. Especially when they climb into your lap and lay down for a nap.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I had a Jack Russell years ago, he was so much fun! Hunted like his life depended on it! Always had dead chipmunks, mice, squirrels laying around from him. Killed at least 3 skunks and never got sprayed! Oh boy did he hate cats! Have a 3'x5' table rock in the yard and he had dug from one side to the other under it in his chase for chipmunks!
He liked lamp cords, I took a piece and attached it to a 9v battery, first bite cured him of that habit!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

piller wrote:We just got a 12 week old rat terrier about 2 weeks ago. He is a chewer and he can get places I can't even reach into. Puppies are a real gift from GOD. Especially when they climb into your lap and lay down for a nap.

My best little buddy is a Rat Terrier, Coolest little dude ever. He'll be five in July and I am constantly amazed but the tenacity of the little bugger. At 15 pounds he'll stand down the biggest dogs. My Great Dane pretty much ignores his BS but he'll still steal a cookie from her and run off. Funniest thing I've ever seen. Best alarm system I've ever had. With those Vulcan ears he can hear a fly phart at 200 yds!

jb 8)

AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Here's Kipling's "The Power Of The Dog". I figure the participants in this thread will probably appreciate it as much as I do. Puppies, gotta love 'em even though they leave a gaping hole when they leave way too soon.

The first video is the words of the poem with pictures while music plays in the background.

This second video is read by Farnham Town Crier to help you get your English accent just right.
Paul - in Pereira

hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I love puppies that others own. I have three dogs right now which is two more than I need. My daughter came for a visit last weekend and her akita nearly killed my oldest dog over a few kernels of dog food. Didn't know there was any food on the floor and let the brute in the house. Never let that happen again. I like most dog but pit bulls and akita's I will never own. That is a good looking batch of pups, good luck with your girl.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

hondo1892 wrote: I like most dog but pit bulls and akita's I will never own. That is a good looking batch of pups, good luck with your girl.
It's the owner, not the breed. Our pit bull cross is the sweetest thing with any other dog - even the aggressive little balls of fur some folks call "my baby". Since a pup we've taught her to socialize and she is not aggressive even with food. Shucks, she gets between other dogs that are getting too wound up and ready to fight with an expression that looks like all the world "Come on guys, let's all be friends!" Far too many own the more powerful breeds with nary a notion as to how to keep them from going rogue.
Paul - in Pereira