South Pacific Bound !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

South Pacific Bound !

Post by 6pt-sika »

I'm oughtta here Thursday morning !

My flights scheduled to take off around 11:30 AM from Dullus bound for Seoul and then on to Manila . "Should" land in Manila Friday evening around 22:30 .

And if the rebels don't get me back stateside April 8th !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: South Pacific Bound !

Post by Blaine »

Safe travels, 6pt.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
1894c

Post by 1894c »

have a great trip... :)
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Thanks !
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

God Speed
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Have a safe trip, my regards to your family.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Have a great trip and watch out for those bolo knives.---6
Model A Uzi’s
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Bring Six a box of warm sunshine :D
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

Enjoy your time with family!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Enjoy ! :D
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Thanks all ! There's a range about 3 kilometers from my mother in laws house . They'll rent you a 10/22 and include two boxes of bullets for about $20 . Think I'll take the boss and give it a try she's actually never fired a gun before . Wish they had a single shot bolt action . Putting one in the clip each time is a PITA .
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Travel safe and enjoy your time.
Dan 444
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dan 444 »

Good luck and safe travels.

Dan
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I hope you have a great time with your family! Those are wonderful people.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

harry wrote:Bring Six a box of warm sunshine :D

Thanks brother......my hat is off to all here who live North.......my wife keeps telling me...."your stupid, why do you think people retire/vacation to Florida?"

I can't leave my best buddies at home by themselves....Mr. Winchester and his family of Colts, Rugers, and 'Smiths.
Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Safe travels 6pt!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Sixgun wrote:

Thanks brother......my hat is off to all here who live North.......my wife keeps telling me...."your stupid, why do you think people retire/vacation to Florida?"

I can't leave my best buddies at home by themselves....Mr. Winchester and his family of Colts, Rugers, and 'Smiths.

I'll babysit! 8)
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun wrote:

We see a lot of folks coming thru Virginia with "I ❤️ NY" stickers on their cars . Funny thing is they're all heading SOUTH when you see them . Nobody ever says " I wanna retire up north".
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

Make sure you shoot a drug dealer when your there. Apparently its a free for all at the moment.

Would have to be the friendliest people on the planet.
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Carlsen Highway wrote:Make sure you shoot a drug dealer when your there. Apparently its a free for all at the moment.

Would have to be the friendliest people on the planet.
I think rebels are open season as well on Mindanao !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well at least the long flight from Dulles to Seoul was nice and uneventful . Think I slept 7 or 8 of the 14 hours !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Arived Manila A OK Friday night . Went to Pasig the next day to have lunch/dinner with my brother in aws family at a very nice Japan?Korean resteraunt .

The road in CDO between the airport and the city had a bit of a wash out last week so we changed our flight on sunday to 4:15 AM from Manila . The road was in decent passing shape by the time my wife left Friday to meet me in Manila . So when we returned at sunday morning we had no difficulties .

Things here are going along fairly well , and the wife and I head out to Bacolod Thursday morning for three nights to visit her cousin and his family . He breeds and raises fighting roosters so I think we may take in the cock fights Friday or Saturday night . Out sunday around lunch to Cebu to visit with our niece and her family since I've never met the husband or the little boy and then back to CDO Monday mid day .

Not sure what is on the agenda other then my nephew his girl friend and our nieces college graduation on March 31st . The plan is to have lechon (roasted pig) and the fixins for a celebration that evenng after the graduation .
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Stay safe over there... enjoy yourself!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

We woke up yesterday at 2:45AM showered and got dressed and a fellow arrived at 3:20AM to take us to the CDO airport . We got to the airport and got our boarding passes for the flight from CDO to Cebu and then from Cebu to Bacolod . Got on the plane and flew to Cebu no problem . Had a slight layover waiting for the plane to Bacolod and finally boarded . We sat on that plane (a 40 seat prop plane) for about half an hour before they decided the plane needed maintenance . Got off the plane and they offered us an alternative , we were to fly to Iloilo the airline would transport us to the pier where we would board a ferry to Bacolod . Which we did because the fixing of the plane didn't look to good . To make a long story short what should have been 1 1/2 hours in the air and a 2 hour layover in Cebu turned into a 14 hour ordeal !
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ahhh... the travails of travels in foreign lands!!! :shock: :D :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well made my first complete commercial flight in a prop plane today !

Flew from Bacolod to Cebu flight was rather uneventfull .

And we just checked into "Harold's Hotel" in Cebu . I gotta say this is THE nicest hotel I've ever stayed in the Philippines . Really really really good hot shower with plenty pressure etc . The room we got looks like the ones on their website which isn't always the case .

Tommorrow we have another flight in a commercial prop plane back to CDO , we will see how that works out !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Granted I've only stayed in four hotels in the Philippines the "Harold's Hotel" in Cebu is the best by far . This would be considered a pretty nice hotel in the states ! My sinuses are acting up and when we got here I went in the bathroom of our room turned the shower on and once the water got warm/hot I got in the shower . Stayed in there long enough to get the room steamed up pretty well and relieved my sinus condition a good bit . Without a doubt this place has THE BEST shower of any place I've stayed hotel wise in the country .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Took the wife to a small gunclub/shooting range in Cagayan de Oro Philippines today . These guns are mainly setup for IPSC type stuff but they have a Ruger 10/22 you can rent . The use of the range the rental on the rifle and four 50 round boxes of Armscor 22LR was 1450 pesos which at the current exchange rate equates into about 30 bucks . Not cheap but not astronomical either . This was the first time my wife ever fired a gun . We had seats and a table to shoot from and I made a kinda sandbag out of her handbag and a towel I brought along . Went thru the usual pre explanation stuff , the gun was a well used 10/22 stainless with some kind of Mickey Mouse Red Dot on top . I had reservations about being able to hit anything with it from the get go .

Checked the gun out showed her this that and the other . I loaded one bullet and shot at a circle on an IPSC target they had set up 15 yards away and amazingly I hit pretty much dead center . Took the clip back out put one in it put it back in the gun racked it and put the safety on . She got in position blah blah blah finally shot and put the bullet within an inch of mine . So then I loaded three and told her to shoot at the same spot and she had a nice little group . Granted it was close but I thought very good for the first time ever .

We shot some more at the paper target then I noticed they had small elevated pieces of steel at 25 yards so I started her on those shooting off a rest . And right away she was clang clan clang . So then we started shooting with just elbows on the table no rest and she was clanging right away . By this time we had fired around 150 rounds . So I told her time for the next step , she said what was that and I said watch . So I stood up and shot offhand clang clang clang , went out reset targets and let her try . And swear to God right off the bat she was knocking them down offhand . I was rather proud of her ability ! Perhaps we'll go back next week and maybe shoot 45 ACP as well !

All in all a satisfying and productive day !
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

It must be enjoyable to finally have some shooting time with your wife. She must be a quick learner.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

JerryB wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:32 pm It must be enjoyable to finally have some shooting time with your wife. She must be a quick learner.
Seems to be and she's wrong handed (left hand) ! Made a reservation to go back next Tuesday shoot the 10/22 and a Ruger Auto pistol as well !
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Just catching up , what a trip and sounds like your having fun 8)
I`d like to travel across the pond some day but my fuel tank on my homemade plane isn`t big enough :lol:
Have fun 6pt.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

6pt, don't know if this applies but... my daughterinlaw is very petite. we let her shoot the 1911A1 and I didn't catch this until I examined the photos. she could not manage the recoil well enough and the gun rose to around 45 degrees, ABOVE the level of the ejected brass. Her finger was off the trigger, but the potential was there for the unintentional discharge.

Not applying this to your situation, but it is something to look for. It helps to video the shooter to see what exactly is happening.

Hope this is helpful. It's great fun to coach a new shooter. My daughteril loves shooting and is a good shot. Women tend to listen to directions and don't automatically experiment with all the other ways to do it wrongly.

Best,
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Grizz wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:00 am 6pt, don't know if this applies but... my daughterinlaw is very petite. we let her shoot the 1911A1 and I didn't catch this until I examined the photos. she could not manage the recoil well enough and the gun rose to around 45 degrees, ABOVE the level of the ejected brass. Her finger was off the trigger, but the potential was there for the unintentional discharge.

Not applying this to your situation, but it is something to look for. It helps to video the shooter to see what exactly is happening.

Hope this is helpful. It's great fun to coach a new shooter. My daughteril loves shooting and is a good shot. Women tend to listen to directions and don't automatically experiment with all the other ways to do it wrongly.

Best,
I don't think the wifes first experience with a handgun should be a 45 to be honest . So when I made reservations yesterday I asked about a Ruger 22 auto pistol and they just happened to have one . So I'll let her try that and see how she does .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

When we were there Tuesday I was thinking about a lot besides taking pictures so I only got two !

I'll see if I can't take more next week !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

From talking to the gunshop and gun range folks the likelihood of finding a decent 100 yard/meter range with decent bench rests isn't to likely . Which at this point in my life seems to be my preferred . So if I move there totally or for even part of the year I'm going to need to buy some property in the province and make my own .
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Armscor makes a lot of 1911s over there. I'm surprised they don't have any of them in 9mm.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Rusty wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:11 pm Armscor makes a lot of 1911s over there. I'm surprised they don't have any of them in 9mm.
I've been looking at Rock Island/Armscor stuff for awhile now . A gun I can buy in the states for $600 that was imported from the Philippines will cost me over $1000 PLUS the license which I was informed yesterday is about $500 . Well that's a gun and license for my wife , being American I cannot legally own a gun in their country , but she can and I can use it .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Hmmmm we're about to go to the range for my wife's second experience . Today hopefully she can shoot some more with a 10/22 and also try a Ruger 22 Auto pistol for the first time !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well we arrived at the range bright and early at 09:00 just as my reservations said to shoot a 10/22 and Ruger 22 auto . Upon arrival we were told "we have no 22 bullets" and they offered other choices but since the wife is new to all this I thought it better to retreat and come back another day . So we left and visited my father in law at the cemetary then went home and I took a nap LOL's !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well the wife my sister in law and myself took a overnight bus trip to Gingoog Saturday . The Philippine government had issued a warning before I got there in March that the Abusayef (muslim rebels) were acting up a bit in that area . But a family friend passed Friday so we went and paid our respects Saturday stayed in a hotel and returned kinda early sunday with no problems .