Lead good bad OR indifferent

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Lead good bad OR indifferent

Post by GunnyMack »

I sure get a kick outta reading the comments!
http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index ... re_mi.html
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Lead good bad OR indifferent

Post by model55 »

Some time ago me and a friend were talking to a rancher about this.Frankly the ranchers in our area cannot believe that all this effort is being put out to save condors while other species die off in the same area. Lead is in the environment naturally without any ammunition being present.Years ago I ran across an article where these birds were eating roofing off houses in one community which make me wonder what they will not eat. The condor zone ban was brought about by Kevin DeLeon (d) who is pushing all kinds of anti gun regulations without really knowing of which he speaks . One politician with an agenda affecting the whole state for feel good things he thinks will help his career and his limited area based on junk science. One local beach has a shooter who shoots anything that threatens the Snowy Plover ( there are plenty of Snowy Plovers in other states )even other endanger species, red fox ,peregrine falcons and so on.There is a money trail here some where which would explain why things are done this way because it makes no sense otherwise.Copper bullets seem to shoot well but expansion to me is questionable so far,they seem to make it harder to clean the bore of your rifle which makes me think that they are also harder on the bore itself.When the condor zone was passed hunters were assured that the cost increase would be minimal, the cost for ammo now shows that was not true.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Steel kills for sure, but it could be a long suffering death and not DRT like lead or Hevishot.
I have been playing with Hevishot reloads, originally was going to try it on puddle ducks out of my 28 ga, then all the puddles dried up last summer! So I was using it for pheasants, Hevishot is deadly as we all know!
Lead is best by far.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I'm done trying to reason with the leftists. I'm just letting it go till the time when they think they can take over, control US AND .....you know ...break out the BAR.---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm right there with ya Six! Cept I'll be slapping in mags full of 308 into the AR10!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

This anti-lead movement is nothing to do with the environment, and everything to do with interfering with shooting and hunting in general.

Sixgun wrote:I'm done trying to reason with the leftists. I'm just letting it go till the time when they think they can take over, control US AND .....you know ...break out the BAR.---6
GunnyMack wrote:I'm right there with ya Six! Cept I'll be slapping in mags full of 308 into the AR10!
Although I totally agree with both of you, I'm too crippled up to go to war, I'll bring the popcorn. :twisted:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***