9422 New Forearm Wood

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

9422 New Forearm Wood

Post by geobru »

Recently, I spotted a nice piece of forearm wood for a 9422 that was for sale and priced at $20. My 9422 Forearm wood was ok, but didn't do the stock justice in my mind. I figured why not? I couldn't go too far wrong. Besides I have wasted $20 by driving blindly around on a Saturday morning!

So, I bought it. It turned out to be one of those 95% fitted pieces that requires some assembly....

The magazine tube wouldn't fit through the hole in the stock, the barrel had to be fitted, and generally it was a long way from being bolt on ready! I spent about 4-5 hours fitting it to the gun, then a week of repeated coats of True Oil to fill the grain. The results follow below.

The old wood:
9422 Finished Forearm Lt Resized.jpg
9422 Finished Forearm Rt Resized.jpg
The New wood:
9422 Finish Forearm Lt New Wood Resized.jpg
9422 Finish Forearm Rt New Wood Resized.jpg
The butt stock:
9422 Finished stock Lt 2 2017 Resized.jpg
9422 Finished stock Rt 2017 Resized.jpg
Unfortunately the lighting wasn't really good, but you can see that the new wood has some figure and good color in it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: 9422 New Forearm Wood

Post by gamekeeper »

Nice job 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 9422 New Forearm Wood

Post by Pete44ru »

Nice catch, and a nice match....