met up with sixgun today and I am a Happy Happy leverdude

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

met up with sixgun today and I am a Happy Happy leverdude

Post by fordwannabe »

I was meeting sixgun today at his gun club to get a set of dies from his new found stash. We were solving all the worlds issues (B.S.ing) When I start talking about my small Marlin lever gun collection, and my dream to have a three gun set in each style, including 36 A, 36 A DL, 36 S/C, 36 S/C DL, 336 A, 336 A DL, 336 S/C, and 336 S/C DL. "Oh wait, that's what I forgot I brought," he says, reaches in the Jeep and drags out a very nice 336 S/C DL in 35 Remington. I was astounded, nice gun! I truly don't know who made the first move, but the fact that it could be bought came up(hehe it's for sale hehe). He made a fair offer, I countered with a lower but still somewhat fair offer. He was thinking about it, and I was thinking, I had pushed my luck, as his original offer was fair for the gun. He looked me in the eye with that big grin of his, and said "You love this pelosi too, don't you." In my finest blubbering idiot tone, uh huh uh huh. "Well then, ok, you can have it for that". WELL HOT darn! this IS GRE....oh PELOSI. I don't have any way to pay for it, I got the money, but wrote the check I always keep in my wallet, I wrote it out last night and didn't put one back. "Just send it to me,when you get home, no problem." WHAT? Did he just say I could take a, not inexpensive gun now, and pay when I got home? Yup the sixgun method. I really appreciate the fact that he let me buy it, I appreciate that he sold it to me VERY REASONABLY, and I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE THAT HE LET ME TAKE IT AND SEND A CHECK. All in all a very good day for me. He was muttering something that sounded like, darn young uns', gettin all my good stuff, he had a little tear in his eye, a little hunched over from the pain, something. But Thanks a bunch Jack, I am very appreciative.

PS

I got a good deal on the dies too! Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Batman1939
Levergunner 3.0

Re: met up with sixgun today and I am a Happy Happy leverdud

Post by Batman1939 »

Sounds like a definite advantage to living in PA: both MT and AZ where I live are too far away to take advantage of good deals with Sixgun. :mrgreen:

Congratulations on your new Marlin :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I've hunted Wyoming for 25 years and was thinking of relocating there next year, or elsewhere in the Rockies, but PA is looking pretty good! 8)
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sounds like a good day.
I've stood and B.S.'d with Ole Six myself. He is one of the best.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

My Wife bought a awesome 94 in 25-35 from Jack some years back it was a complete
surprise gift from her, Jack treated her with respect , dignity & honesty!
I have bought a few things from Jack & it was always a great deal & one time he even tore up my check & said enjoy the brass!! Great guy!!

Brad
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

True dat. Brad
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Cool beans, yep that Six sounds pretty groovy alright would like to sit around the fire with him myself.
Great story, congrats and good on you Six. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Yup, some good people here ! I have sent stuff out many times, like it...send a check , don't like it...
Send it back. Never been stiffed yet.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:lol: Six and I have beat each other bloody on the board. I'd like to buy him a beer someday. Truth.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

Good to hear about the good blokes around here. Us youngins gotta look up to you blokes :mrgreen:
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Couple packages here from Six that I have not unwrapped yet, always good to deal with. :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Blaine......when people are alike, they clash. Have not spoken to my brother in 10 years....but thats another story.

I tell you guys......Tom...Fordwannabe. robbed me!!!!!'.

This is how it went down....we talked on PM's about the dies...blah...blah...blah....and discussed meeting at the gunclub.......I took a chance on my 40 year membership and gave him the combo to the gate.........I get up at 9...normal time for retired guys......check my messages......and Tom is already at the gunclub waiting......I call and tell him I can't be there there until close to ten......he says, "fine, I'm playing hooky today".

This is where it gets good...real good......my BIL and I cruise on through the gate and there....at the top of the hill...is. ......get ready.........a $50,000 dollar Ford Mustang with 600 horses...waiting for a peon like me......I felt like I was meeting Donald Trump....very humbling......

Toms a great dude and it was destiny.....this time on Tom's part. I have not shot this rifle in a year and I threw it in the Jeep for the heck of it.....a very fine Ballard rifled 336 short rifle DELUXE.....the only one I have even seen...let alone owned.....made around 51.....help me out Tom.......

Yes, the material items we own are only temporary........or as the old head Colt collectors used to say back in the 1940's......temporary custodians.

My hat is off to Tom....a great dude....liked him from the first time we met some years ago....but.........
....but................i still say he robbed me!!!!

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks a bunch guys for the kind words.....we all may be cranky at times.....but for sure...as Paco Kelly says...you boys are the ones to "ride the river with".....(I think that how it goes...hey, I'm half Italian)

Just like in war, you have to know who to trust and in many years here and selling lots of stuff, only one guy burnt me...some cat named Wes Lupher, from Mt. View, Wy. Sent him an 1886 sight and that's the last I heard from him.-------6
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Wasn't quite $50,000 but I like it. Just to let you know check is in the mailbox for morning pickup. Yes 1951 DOM. I am so excited. Thanks again Jack.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

fordwannabe wrote:Wasn't quite $50,000 but I like it. Just to let you know check is in the mailbox for morning pickup. Yes 1951 DOM. I am so excited. Thanks again Jack.

Thanx bro....BTW...you missed some action up top at the 500 meter range.......the Uzi's, AR's, Model 27 'Smiths, Colt P.P. and a ghost Marlin 336 Sporting Carbine Deluxe were blasting away.....only thing I came home with was a hundred rounds of 35 Remington's.... :D -----6
Model A Uzi’s
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

In all the years I read the forum way before I joined and y'all know that I am not to talkative, I have never read one bad thing, only great posts about 6's character. What little dealings we have had are absolutely nothing but impeccable on his part. No one better to deal with. Ships the merchandise when price is agreed on and trusts that the check is in the mail. Great fellow lever gunner.

hayabusa
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

WHAT? You didn't shoot it then? What's up with that? I didn't get to meet up with Jack today... but I stopped in at Shiloh Sharps... came out with a new book on Buffalo Rifles and new t-shirt. Drooled over some very nice, fancy rifles... one even looked sorta like mine! Hmmm... meet with Jack... drool on Sharps? Jack came in 2nd! :P Then, the kid calls tonite and asks if he can take my Sharps to RKrodle's on Sat and shoot it... something about getting it sighted in with the new sights for me... I smell a rat! At least he asked!

BTW Jack, if you've moved... the T-shirt is history, unless you catch the mailman!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Griff....you got to be careful with these younguns today. You just find your Sharps on the used rifle rack at the local gunshop. :D

Thanks on the T!!.....I'll get the 454190 off to you.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I have found that the members here have always been great to interact with. 1st. class bunch of people all the way.
Richardx
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Richardx »

Les Staley and I trade rifles a few years ago and have yet to meet!

That's the people on this forum!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote:Griff....you got to be careful with these younguns today. You just find your Sharps on the used rifle rack at the local gunshop. :D
No worries... since his momma bought it for me... she'd skin him alive!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Well here is the rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say. When he was shuckstering this old Marlin to me, he stated ,it shoots good. Uhuh what else would he say? I grabbed a box of my cast reloads that I use in a different Marlin in 35 Remington, and headed to the range. Well this thing was just flinging lead all over the Dam place. I mean at 50 yards it was awful..those 5 shots were spread all the way out to....3/4 of an inch. I guess it will have to do for now! Wahoo! And yes I am still happy I met with him. Thanks Jack.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Oh man. Three quarters! We are all sad for you.

That Jack is an evil, evil man I tell you. Forcing you to buy the rifle, and now this. :(

Cat
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Yeah I know it's a burden. But six is a good guy so I won't give him too hard a time about it. :mrgreen:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

yea, now you know why I had that tear in my eye......a good rifle is hard to give up but.......We are all
only temporary custodians of material items.---6
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Yes now I know why. Unfreaking believable rifle. Love it. Thanks Jack.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok,ok, and my ok...you robbed me but.......as a Siciliano, I always have an ace up the sleeve.

I like you Tom....and I truly want you to be the next owner of this rare Marlin.....the 336 Experimental......man! This baby shoots like there's no tomorrow. ------ :D ------6

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Now that's cool, right there. :D

What a conversation piece at the range that'd be.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote:Now that's cool, right there. :D

Conversation piece???? 99.999 percent of people have no idea what this gun is..... That baby gives me AAA scores!!---- :D 6
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I really really really want to be the next owner of that too! If I remember correctly you also have a very fine 35 in all but new condition.BUDDY!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote:
OldWin wrote:Now that's cool, right there. :D

Conversation piece???? 99.999 percent of people have no idea what this gun is..... That baby gives me AAA scores!!---- :D 6
Haha yeah that's true bud. Nobody at my range would know either.
Wait a minute........when I go to the range, I'm usually the only one there.
If I'm all alone with a bunch of guns carrying on a conversation with myself the guys with white coats may come for me. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

fordwannabe wrote:I really really really want to be the next owner of that too! If I remember correctly you also have a very fine 35 in all but new condition.BUDDY!

Gone....Arjunky got that one.
Model A Uzi’s
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

The Sixgun method is: if the price is $150 or less, you fold it up in a couple sheet of paper and stuff it in an envelope and mail it. I would take most guys here there word and mail it off before I got the money. I wish you had some light 38/55 bullets for sale! Sounds like you are working more now that you are retired huh? Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

3leggedturtle wrote:The Sixgun method is: if the price is $150 or less, you fold it up in a couple sheet of paper and stuff it in an envelope and mail it. I would take most guys here there word and mail it off before I got the money. I wish you had some light 38/55 bullets for sale! Sounds like you are working more now that you are retired huh? Todd/3leg

Thank you Todd.......you want some of those bullets I have cast up? I have 181 cast up.....not ready to part with the mould ...yet...

$27 shipped.....unsized...Unlubricated...costs me $7.15 to ship

Add $10 if you want them sized and libricated to .379

In total, there is approx. 3-4 hours of work on my part for the casting and sizing......cheap labor...in fact, sweat shop labor. :D

Your call.....
Jack

You want to hear the truth about retirement?? I was happier when I was working even though I hated my job...well, not the job..it was the bs from management and the back stabbing from fellow workers.

I'd rather be bored than put up with the pelosi I was dealing with.---6
Model A Uzi’s
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Six, not be home for another 10-12 days. In St. Louis and spouse to get rain. Plus I don't have an address right now. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!