Reloading Supplies....Moved to Classified

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Reloading Supplies....Moved to Classified

Post by Sixgun »

Got a call last week and was asked if I wanted to buy some reloading supplies from the family of a deceased gun guy. I went over and offered them a fair price for all of it. Other people have been going over there for a year and wanted to buy this or that...you know, cherry pick. The owners wanted the buyer to take it all. I took the bad with the good.

It took me a week to organize it all. I'm going to sell enough to get my money back and keep the rest.

Funny thing, most all of this stuff is new in the box....dies....moulds....a few of the presses.....thousands of lead bullets and thousands of NIB bulk and boxed brass. Lots of different calibers from the .22 Hornet to the 45-70.

There is no way I can list it all as I'm retired and done working like a dog, not to mention trying to keep track of buyers, addresses, payments and so on. I'm going to list what is shipable here a little at a time. If you live in the area, like Fordwannabe, your welcome to come on over......if I know you from the board.

As for pricing, I'm thinking 60-75% of what Midway charges and common sense says the more you buy, the cheaper shipping will be. Sometimes shipping will be included.

What don't sell goes to the auction house.

Here's a few pics...stay tuned to this local channel.----6

Pretty much close to new...a Hollywood progressive press. 60 pounds of steel. The guy rigged up a Hornady powder measure. This is set up for the 45 ACP.

Presses...Hornady Projector with 15 shell plates...Dillon, Lyman, RCBS, powder measures, scales.....

Just a portion of the brass

Dies....RCBS and Lee...some Redding, Lyman, and Hollywood

Lots of commercial cast bullets

Books, book, and more books. Those boxes in the background contain thousands of .410, 28, 20, 16, and 12 gauge hulls along with a couple of MEC reloaders and about 30 charge bars. The shotgun stuff is already sold.

Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

pdentrem
Levergunner 2.0

Re: The Motherload Of All Reloading Supplies

Post by pdentrem »

Wow! It is a shame the owner had not the opportunity to enjoy what he had bought.
Pierre
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

pdentrem wrote:Wow! It is a shame the owner had not the opportunity to enjoy what he had bought.
Pierre
Well, I hear ya Pierre. The guy was a lifelong shooter and an accomplished trap/skeet shooter, well known at area gunclubs. He was in his late sixties when he developed throat cancer and being well off financially, I believe he just started buying all kinds of unneeded toys to make himself feel better. When death is imminent, some guys drink, some buy new cars, and this guy was one of Midways best customers. He passed around 70.

You should have seen his fishing stuff! Must have been 200 reels, some as big as a basketball. 100 or more poles. Then his archery stuff! Boxes of arrows, broadheads, bows, crossbows, etc....all high end stuff. Fortunately, his son is a fisherman and archer but had no interest in guns.

The guns have been long sold. Sad, very sad...but I guess it will be one day the families of everyone here will also have to deal with.----6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Six, when ya get around to it think of me when you find the Hornet brass. I'd take a hundred or two. And if the shotgun stuff falls through I'd take 410's & 28's.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

You said that you were only going to take a few things from my reloading room. Instead you stole all my stuff.
The jokes on you because I stole all that stuff from you over the years.
:mrgreen:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sixgun jr wrote:You said that you were only going to take a few things from my reloading room. Instead you stole all my stuff.
The jokes on you because I stole all that stuff from you over the years.
:mrgreen:

Dang! Chip off the old block. Oh ! By the way, better check in your heavy duty safe for all of your class 3 stuff. And it's all legal on my part....you named me on your "Sixgun Trust". :D ---yo papa

earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Dang it, from the looks of his goodies it looks like we lost another one of the good guys. Sure is easy to accumulate more than enough "stuff" once we get a little older and have the wherewithall to afford those nifty things we couldn't afford in our earlier days. I think my "thing" is gunpowder. I did a little inventory yesterday, and bounced against my current rate of consumption -- I could see some selected shortages about 2066, when I'll be 122 years old. I'm good until then, however.

It looks like you have some goodies I probably need -- I'll keep an eye on your posts, Six. Or maybe I'll just run over one of these afternoons and see whatcha got -- Pennsylvania isn't all that far from Oregon, is it?
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Brother Earl,
For the savings you will get, it will pay for you to get a flight. I'll set ya up in a cozy room in the barn.......nice barn...knotty pine......no animals. There will be a complimentary case of Yuengling beer. The only thing you will need is cash. :D

Gunny......PM coming your way in about 10 minutes.

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Wow! Please let me know if there's any .33WCF or .35WCF in there that needs a new home.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

pdentrem wrote:Wow! It is a shame the owner had not the opportunity to enjoy what he had bought.
Pierre
And THAT'S why my late father (RIP) had 4 boys!!!

9 years later, and I still have unshot boxes of his unshot bullets. :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

sent ya a PM
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pierre
That's what I'm trying to avoid - I bought tons of dies and reloading stuff 15 years ago, but since then have had to work so much I don't have time to shoot much, much less reload. No retirement unless I win the lottery, so I have to figure a way out to slow down enough to do more fun stuff while I'm working.

I guess if I don't figure that out, my wife will have lots of "barely-used" stuff to sell.... :|

Enjoy it while you can....!!!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

2ndovc wrote:Wow! Please let me know if there's any .33WCF or .35WCF in there that needs a new home.
X
jb 8)

Jason...nope..sorry......just my personal stash on both of them. ---6

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

That is one heck of a bunch of goodies, must of been a big chore hauling all that around & then
sorting the way you did
bout 10 years ago a man died here that I knew, one sister was all he had & he left every thing to her
well I knew he was a hoarder & long story short it took 6 hours just to sell all the reloading gear, the longer it lasted the cheaper it got, never seen so much stuff, there was over 500 lbs of BP
100,000 primers & it just went on & on oh & 150 guns or so

Brad
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I could use about 100 .44spl cases and some .44 bullets too. When you get it all priced I let you know what I can get. Thanks !!!
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Huge score.

Can't imagine his kid having no interest.
Mine are probably planning my demise. :D

Maybe I will keep an eye for Dillon dies and cartridge conversions.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
mark
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark »

The widow has one more thing off the list.

It's a difficult time.

As my mother's financial adviser said, "After a lifetime of effort its either Vinnies, the kids or the tip".

All the best, Mark
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thanks Jack!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

Good morning Jack,

How far are you from your gun club, Atglen? I used to shoot Hunter Pistol there on Sundays. I've been needing a ride for my puppy & me but the only trouble I can see is where to put the stuff I buy once I get it home! I have one question. Would there happen to be a DBI book by Frank DeHaas titled Bolt Action Rifles? I had one of those and loaned it to one of my friends and never saw it again. My trouble is that I can't remember which one it was. I learned a lesson and never give anyone anything to use. The price went up about $90.00 from when I bought it.

Be seeing you,
Frank
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Six, would take a hunert 6.5x55 brass or maybe two hunert if available. Tanks.
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Jack, the only thing I need is a spare set of .30-30 dies... well, if there are any .375 220FN Hornady bullets or 200 gr Speer "flying ashtrays"!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Six, you have a pm.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

At least the family sold it off, some few years ago an acquaintance was driving down the road on garbage pick up day and saw what he thought was gun barrels sticking out of a garbage can, sure enough the can was full of guns, the new widow didn't like guns and chucked them all in the garbage. :shock:

Needless to say, the guy got ALL the guns, ammo, and gun stuff in the house for free.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

If the fellow had any 10 gauge stuff you have no use for or 44 cal GC molds id be intrested .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Please...please...my little Italian brain is overwhelmed. :D I've answered a mess of PM''s and will continue to do so. :D (Hey! You guys know I don't give a pelosi! Hell, I'm retired now!)

For real, I'm answering the calls as they come in and have already sold LOTS of pelosi.

You guys ain't seen NOTHING. Today, I discovered about 50 of these fancy choke tubes you shotgun people use. Briley for Brownings, Remington's.......

I'm thinking maybe I ought to move this whole Sha-Bang over to the "classified" section......OK...that's what I will do.......when I get a chance to breathe....

Hey! This is fun......you guys get screaming deals and I make the loot!

OK.....I'll make a new post in classified.....give me several hours.....BABY! LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!!!

Loot,......loot.....looot.....looooooot.....I love loot!-------2

THE PARTY IS MOVING TO THE CLASSIFIED!!! You bring the beer, and I'll bring the weed. :D ----4

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: Reloading Supplies....Moved to Classified

Post by Sixgun »

Hi! Just wanted to let you boys know that Griff stopped by today with his KW and we rented a forklift and loaded everything on his trailer. :D

(Not really....just bumping up). But.........good ole Griff was thinking about me when in Montana yesterday........I hate this east coast. If I was a younger man, I would have set up shop right next to Griff and would have persuaded Pitchy and Old Savage to move into town....wait...Texas is big enough for us all........we can all start our own town in Texas........I can see it now, Levergun, TX. 50110.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Say hi to Griff for me. I'm working on his stuff. Gotta call the guy at three today.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

AJMD429 wrote:
Pierre
That's what I'm trying to avoid - I bought tons of dies and reloading stuff 15 years ago, but since then have had to work so much I don't have time to shoot much, much less reload. No retirement unless I win the lottery, so I have to figure a way out to slow down enough to do more fun stuff while I'm working.

I guess if I don't figure that out, my wife will have lots of "barely-used" stuff to sell.... :|

Enjoy it while you can....!!!

AJ your description fits me to a T. I work long hours daily and with kids in school and other family dependent on me.....just cant see retirement any time soon, and probably not full retirement ever....and I will be 70 this year. so much ammo, more that I need to reload, but really.....seldom get to shoot it.

I love my job and all my family, so this is not a real complaint as much as just an observation of reality.
cable
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I will take any 30-40 brass you have. Send me a pm and I will send you the funds.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Charles wrote:I will take any 30-40 brass you have. Send me a pm and I will send you the funds.
Sorry Charles...it all went about an hour ago.---6