More Reloading stuff

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

More Reloading stuff

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Since Griff has got the rifle and such covered....I will start the shotgun stuff!
I reloaded a bunch of shotgun 12ga shells today...with my MEC 650
The machine is set up for red AAs 1 1/8 oz
but it will load a variety of shells ok...but the standard AAs work best
I am using NobleSport 209 primers from Italia
Claybuster wads CB1118-12, a WAA12 replacement wad
and reclaimed shot from our range.....I could hear them shooting in the background while reloading. :wink:
Powder is 700X....this is a little hotter than Universal Clays, which I cant get anymore.
I use a bunch of different hulls
AA super handicap, AA super sports, Remington Nitro Gold, these don't crimp well, AA ultra lights,
AA low recoils, AA lights, AA skeet, AA heavy, AA trap, AA handicap and AA Target loads.
heres the difference in the crimp....Remington's dont like my machine and leak a bit.
I dont remember which powder bushing i have in the mec....but it is a fairly light load. Comfortable for all day shooting...
This should hold me over for a while....Doubles skeet tomorrow! and still trying to get that perfect score...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: More Reloading stuff

Post by GunnyMack »

When I was shooting trap heavy I always used AA's the new ones don't hold a candle to the old compression formed hulls. I still have about 1000 once fired that I'm hoarding,

I shot Olympic trap, two shot game. I'd load Remington STS for my bottom barrel and AA's for the top. 700x, 18.3-18.5 grains under 24grams(7/8oz) of magnum shot.

I graduated from a Grabber to a Dillon SL900, what a machine! Holds 25 lbs of shot, enough powder for 250 shells, auto indexes, electric shell feeder... Plus I can change it over in about 10 minutes for 28 ga. 600+ rounds an hour.

Picked up a 20mm ammo can, rigged up an out feed ramp so all I have to do is pull the handle, loaded shells fall down the ramp and into the ammo can!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I always wanted one of the high tech reloaders way back, when I was shooting a lot on the weekends...
400 rounds a day....but could not afford it at the time.
heres a link to the SL900.....great machine
http://www.dillonprecision.com/sl-900_8_1_25239.html
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

As I was loading up a few months ago for a black powder foray... I broke the little thingie (technical name unknown), that holds the chain in place to operate the auto primer feed on my 600Jr. So, I had to do a manual feeding of primers to finish that 200 rounds up! Couldn't find on the internet how to acquire just that part. So, a week or so ago, I called 'em... fine folks up there Mayville, WI... maybe the best'uns work at MEC. 'Cause that fellar on the phone told me they were available, and for just $10.51 plus shipping!

I installed it, but haven't loaded up any shotshells yet, but... I appears to work as good as when I installed on that machine, about 1985!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

A few years ago I dusted off the Mec I bought in 1974-75 and it worked like new. needed a spring for My Trius Trap bought around the same time. The lady on the other end asked for the serial# after a long pause She said "WOW". Got Your use out of the first one.... 8) .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

RIHMFIRE wrote:I always wanted one of the high tech reloaders way back, when I was shooting a lot on the weekends...
I still believe the Ponsness Warren loaders to be the Cadillacs of shotgun loaders . And I suppose you could include the almost copycat Spolar's .

https://www.reloaders.com/

http://www.spolargold.com/

In the past I was 100% PW loaders for everything . But when I got out of the shotgun games I let all my 800C's and 10/16 375C go . At the moment I have seven MEC 600JR's , three 650's , a Grabber and a 9000 . But I'd rather keep the 600JR's for the 10 , 12 , 16 and 20 just for buckshot and slugs get rid of the rest of the MEC stuff and replace with a PW 800 Plus with dies sets for the 12 , 16 , 20 , 28 and 410 as well as a PW LS-1000 for the 10 gauge 2 7/8" bird/skeet/trap loads .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

6pt-sika wrote:
RIHMFIRE wrote:I always wanted one of the high tech reloaders way back, when I was shooting a lot on the weekends...
I still believe the Ponsness Warren loaders to be the Cadillacs of shotgun loaders . And I suppose you could include the almost copycat Spolar's .

https://www.reloaders.com/

http://www.spolargold.com/

In the past I was 100% PW loaders for everything . But when I got out of the shotgun games I let all my 800C's and 10/16 375C go . At the moment I have seven MEC 600JR's , three 650's , a Grabber and a 9000 . But I'd rather keep the 600JR's for the 10 , 12 , 16 and 20 just for buckshot and slugs get rid of the rest of the MEC stuff and replace with a PW 800 Plus with dies sets for the 12 , 16 , 20 , 28 and 410 as well as a PW LS-1000 for the 10 gauge 2 7/8" bird/skeet/trap loads .
Boy, I like the Spolars. I watched the video....they are pretty neat!....and so was the blond!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

OMG, what a frighteningly clean reloading bench Rihmfire has.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:OMG, what a frighteningly clean reloading bench Rihmfire has.
Isn't it :lol:

I need to take a week or so to get mine straight before I leave for the PI .

Need to set aside stuff that belong to friends in case my plane goes in the drink :shock:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well....It a good thing you did not see the rest of the garage!!!!
You should see McNutjobs reloading room.....
I seem to remember beautiful cabinets with granite countertops to match his kitchen....
It was an awesome mancave!

I hope to do the same soon.....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS