Which Newspaper Do You Read???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Been away for an 8-day business trip -- ugh... with Leverguns being blocked on all but one of the hotel computers (and it is blocked on my work PC too...) -- so I am finally back home, and have this one from the local gun club to share.

Old No7

Experts have found the following analysis to be nearly 100% accurate:

1. The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

2. The Washington Post is read by people who think they run the country.

3. The New York Times is read by people who think they should run the country, and who are very good at crossword puzzles.

4. USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country but don't really understand The New York Times.

5. The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running the country, if they could find the time and if they didn't have to leave Southern California to do it.

6. The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run the country.

7. The New York Daily News is read by people who aren't too sure who's running the country and don't really care as long as they can get a seat on the train.

8. The New York Post is read by people who don't care who is running the country as long as they do something really scandalous, preferably while intoxicated.

9. The Chicago Tribune is read by people that are in prison that used to run the state, & would like to do so again, as would their constituents that are currently free on bail.

10. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country, but need the baseball scores.

11. The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren't sure if there is a country or that anyone is running it; but if so, they oppose all that they stand for. There are occasional exceptions if the leaders are gay, handicapped, minority, feminist, atheists, and those who also happen to be illegal aliens from any other country or galaxy, provided of course, that they are not Republicans.

12. The National Enquirer is read by people trapped in line at the grocery store.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Which Newspaper Do You Read???

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I have not read a paper in 30 years. The Columbian (Vancouver WA ) and the Oregonian (Portland OR )
Are both liberal rags ( fish wrapers) and not even good to wrap garbage in.
We do get a weekly free paper delivered, the Reflector from Battle Ground WA. To keep up on local county goings on. It to is getting more and more liberal as the hords of people from the south
(OR and CA) are flooding into WA.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I stopped taking the local Tacoma paper 10 years ago. It's liberal trash. I can get all the news, and weather on the 'net....

I'm not sure of this, and I've never tried it, but I'm told that if I go to my grocery store web page, I can see all the coupons, mark the ones I want, put in the number of my club card, and when I log in at the store the system will apply those coupons when/if I make the purchase.....Dang, ain't America great? 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice to see I'm not alone. I allow none in my home. Commie rags.
I got up one Saturday morning several years ago to find the local rag on my step. I brought it back to their office and told them they made a mistake. "Oh no sir, it's a complimentary copy". I told them I wasn't complimented and if they did it again I would file trespassing charges.
Seems to have worked.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I used to read the local paper (town of 25,000) that was 'infamous' for being "raaaaacist" because the editor was a Republican. Then the neighboring town's left-winger paper bought it and took it over.
BlaineG wrote:I can get all the news, and weather on the 'net....
I like WorldNetDaily, Breitbart, and Drudge.... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed.
Mark Twain is credited with that, or words to that effect. :)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Every morning I get up, walk my dogs, start the coffee, go have democrat, pour a cup o joe, flip on FOX NEWS then check LEVERGUNS. What more cod I get from a 'news'paper?!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Fired the local version "news" paper years ago.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The only daily I read is the Patriot Post. It's a fantastic digest of the daily news, all in the prism of constitutional conservatism. Why bother reading the lies of the LSM?
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I asked my son if he ever reads a newspaper. He said, "Why? We have the internet".

It's been a good 20 years since I bought one.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

jdad wrote:I asked my son if he ever reads a newspaper. He said, "Why? We have the internet".
It's been a good 20 years since I bought one.
+1.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

none......only classifieds
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Have not had a paper in years, can't believe them.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Years ago, I took the Dallas Morning News, but cancelled it because the liberal bias became unbearable.
Now we receive the Farmersville weekly paper to keep up with what little is going on in our little town of 3,500 souls.
Plus the internet and some of the Fox News Shows.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
mark
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark »

None!.

This pretty much sums it up:

"I was visiting my granddaughter last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper.

"This is the 21st century," she said. We don't waste money on newspapers. Here, use my iPad."

I can tell you this. That fly never knew what hit him."

Mark Twain was very perceptive.

Mark
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The only paper I read.....and this was back n the day...was the Zig Zag Express.---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Old No7 wrote:Been away for an 8-day business trip -- ugh... with Leverguns being blocked on all but one of the hotel computers (and it is blocked on my work PC too...) -- so I am finally back home, and have this one from the local gun club to share.

Old No7

Experts have found the following analysis to be nearly 100% accurate:

1. The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

2. The Washington Post is read by people who think they run the country.

3. The New York Times is read by people who think they should run the country, and who are very good at crossword puzzles.

4. USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country but don't really understand The New York Times.

5. The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running the country, if they could find the time and if they didn't have to leave Southern California to do it.

6. The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run the country.

7. The New York Daily News is read by people who aren't too sure who's running the country and don't really care as long as they can get a seat on the train.

8. The New York Post is read by people who don't care who is running the country as long as they do something really scandalous, preferably while intoxicated.

9. The Chicago Tribune is read by people that are in prison that used to run the state, & would like to do so again, as would their constituents that are currently free on bail.

10. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country, but need the baseball scores.

11. The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren't sure if there is a country or that anyone is running it; but if so, they oppose all that they stand for. There are occasional exceptions if the leaders are gay, handicapped, minority, feminist, atheists, and those who also happen to be illegal aliens from any other country or galaxy, provided of course, that they are not Republicans.

12. The National Enquirer is read by people trapped in line at the grocery store.
Wait a minute, blocked at the hotel? I would be going somewhere else and raising hades with te corporate office of that chain. As far as the newspaper goes. I have not looked at one this century!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Sometimes while traveling I will pick up the complimentary USA Today and work the crossword puzzle. And there is a little weekly paper called The Banner published in Pryor Creek that is quite conservative. Sorta Republican/Libertarian that I try to grab a copy of every week. For actual news I listen to Herman Cain, Rush and Hannity.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

As a retired newspaper editor, I always get a kick out of these threads. I can assure you I was the only Republican Eagle Scout with a concealed carry permit in the newsroom.

:lol:
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The media has been so lopsidedly biased in most large populous areas that it's tough to read. I gave up our subscription to the liberal Oregonian 25 years ago, and don't read any newspaper anymore.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
flightsimmer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by flightsimmer »

WHAT'S A NEWSPAPER?
10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.
If possible, so much as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Rom 12:18
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

shotgun news! :lol:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

flightsimmer wrote: WHAT'S A NEWSPAPER?
It's the thin paper with some stuff printed on it. Only use I've found for it is putting a few layers of it on the garage floor under the oil drain pan when I change oil. No idea what else it's good for. Emergency toilet paper, maybe?
1894c

Post by 1894c »

none... :)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Some of the so-called newspapers in the UK are not even fit to be used as emergency toilet paper!
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Blaine, I actually caught the newspaper bug in the sixth grade up your way. Our class at Wainwright Elementary in Fircrest went downtown on a field trip to the Tacoma News Tribune. Got to see the whole operation from the newsroom (right out of Superman) to the typesetting, foundry and press. The latter was very cool with the raucus clatter of typesetters pounding out the stories on the Mergenthaler Linotype machines to the big, hot, half cylindrical lead plates being locked onto the rollers. When they fired up that press, which seemed about the size of a ferry, and it roared to life I was simply gobsmacked. This would have been about 1964 or 1965.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

They're ok for starting a fire, but you can get the free shoppers at the supermarket... :mrgreen:
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

GunnyMack wrote:Every morning I get up, walk my dogs, start the coffee, go have democrat, pour a cup o joe, flip on FOX NEWS then check LEVERGUNS. What more cod I get from a 'news'paper?!
BINGO!
'Cept the only dogs I have are in the fridge awaiting some mustard, buns and such.

Wife reads our local small town paper (thankfully even-handed with a Conservative editor) and the McClatchy syndicated Fresno Bee (shamefully and ridiculously Liberal). She checks the once reputable Bee for weather and coupons and truly forgets 90 per cent off what "news" she has read.

I only allow it in the house to make her happy
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

John, you are a true gentleman.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

:D Thanks, Claybob!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Hey John, I wonder how Pogo, Albert, Churchy and the gang doing these days??? Reckon at Christmas they still sing "Deck us all with Boston Charley"??
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

JerryB wrote:Hey John, I wonder how Pogo, Albert, Churchy and the gang doing these days??? Reckon at Christmas they still sing "Deck us all with Boston Charley"??
Time and politics change, Jerry. Too many people throwin' stuff and acting crazy. Churchy is now singing...