Homemade "Shoot-n-See" targets

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Homemade "Shoot-n-See" targets

Post by Ray Newman »

Came across this by accidents. Thought some here might find this way to make these targets useful. E-Z to make.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/12/16/di ... Newsletter
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Homemade "Shoot-n-See" targets

Post by Old No7 »

That's a great tip! And it does work too!

I made some 30" x 30" versions a few years back to pattern a shotgun and it worked really well. We had extra packing tape anyhow -- the 'el cheapo stuff, that was no good for packing -- so to use it up, I made up a few large targets.

For those who don't want to spend the time/efforts, my kids got me some GlowShot Targets for Christmas from Amazon; as as they get free shipping, by buying some bulk packs the cost was lots lower than the name brands you typically see in gun shops.

I haven't shot them yet :?, but a buddy of mine from SIG has and he likes the quality and especially the price.

Tight groups!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Those babies really work great. I've been doing it for mmmmmm.....at least 15 years. After shooting it......and as long as you don't plaster it all to hell......just hit it with more paint and she's good-to-go another round.

Where they really shine is at long range....3-500 meters.----6

Edit...

Mmmmm.....just went and looked at the video......this guy has too much money......I don't use clear tape.......I just stretch Saran Wrap over white cardboard.........if you don't have white cardboard, just tape white paper over brown cardboard...........stretch it real good and tape it over the back and spray paint the Saran Wrap ............the Saran Wrap is loose at first after painting but it tightens up after drying.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Good stuff, gents.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Substitute for packing/shipping tape: Clear Duck Laminate Peel and Stick Shelf Liner -- 12 inches x 36 feet, US$4.93 at Wal-Mart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Duck-Laminate ... r/16224481
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ray Newman wrote:Substitute for packing/shipping tape: Clear Duck Laminate Peel and Stick Shelf Liner -- 12 inches x 36 feet, US$4.93 at Wal-Mart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Duck-Laminate ... r/16224481
Thanks Ray.....
Now, THAT got my attention. My way...with the Saran Wrap works but you have to be careful to stretch it perfectly.

I won't shop at Walmart.....at least the one we have about 10 miles down the road. Your never sure if your vehicle is still going to be there or damaged in some way. I'll check out Target.....much classier.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Neet!
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper