Barry's Last Jab At "Rednecks"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Barry's Last Jab At "Rednecks"

Post by Blaine »

A lead ban covering bullets, fishing gear on all federal lands. By EO. I'm sure it will be taken care of in short order. :roll: :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Re: Barry's Last Jab At "Rednecks"

Post by Ysabel Kid »

It had better be! :evil:
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

What a joke that guy was. Or should I have said jerk!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Hmmm... wonder if he exempted the military? No more training or live fire exercises!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote:Hmmm... wonder if he exempted the military? No more training or live fire exercises!
I thought it was a joke, but the military wants to transition to Green Bullets... :P

Dying healthy...what a concept. :P

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Between the previous HNIC and China buying lead it's no wonder why the cost of bullets & shot have been through the roof!

If lead comes back down I'm buying a TON of West Coast Magnum 7&1/2's so I won't get caught short again!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

It won't be US lead as they forced the shut down of the last lead smelter in the US last year.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

GunnyMack wrote:Between the previous HNIC and China buying lead it's no wonder why the cost of bullets & shot have been through the roof!

If lead comes back down I'm buying a TON of West Coast Magnum 7&1/2's so I won't get caught short again!
Perhaps the new HMFIC can turn that around.... 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

On the lead thing, it's just a matter of time before another lib pres gets in office to totally eliminate it. They did it with gasoline, printing presses, window weights, bathroom tub sheathing, paint and a zillion other things. Lead bullets and lead in general are on their way out and as this country ages, people will say, "yea, my dad used to make his own bullets from lead."

In my 62 years I've seen the dramatic change where at one time Linotype and bars of 50/50 lead/tin could usually be had for the asking, or little money, like wheelweights have been for the last 30-70 years or so. Now wheelweights are made of other materials and I've been told by tire dealers they are not allowed to sell their used wheelweights to the public. They can still be found but you need to go to rural areas upstate in the mountains to find them. Matter of time before lead is fazed out. My guess is 20-30 years. People will be scrounging in the dirt at gun ranges...then it will all be gone.

My BIL came over the other day with this huge grin telling me how he bought a five gallon bucket of wheelweights for $20 at an auction. I never would have guessed someone could be so happy getting lead.

Get it while you can. Everything in life changes. The old muzzleloading guys in the 1870's complained about the high cost and no need for self contained cartridges......the black powder guys complained about the new fangled smokeless powder. The lead bullet guys complained about the high cost of jacketed bullets...but at least they had a way out by casting. Now it's our turn.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

M. M. Wright wrote:It won't be US lead as they forced the shut down of the last lead smelter in the US last year.
They?
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

---k --u Barry and good riddance…..
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

BlaineG wrote:
Griff wrote:Hmmm... wonder if he exempted the military? No more training or live fire exercises!
I thought it was a joke, but the military wants to transition to Green Bullets... :P

Dying healthy...what a concept. :P
Now that's a good one Blaine.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

M. M. Wright wrote:It won't be US lead as they forced the shut down of the last lead smelter in the US last year.
Plenty of available lead floating around...heck, heard in Michigan you can take it right out of the water! Imagine that...

Heck, bet I have close to 10k#'s of wheel weights, discarded X-Ray machine liners, and drained batteries.