Browning Preformance Rimfire Ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Browning Preformance Rimfire Ammo

Post by 308magtip »

Has anyone had any good or bad results with the Browning PRF .22LR ammo? I have tried it in my bolt action 22's both single and mag fed and also a 10/22 with good results at steel critters out to 100 yds.Sorry but a 22 lever action is one I do not own.Had a chance back in 2003 to buy a New Rem Nylon lever action but when it got to $200 which was the book price then I let it go.Seems like the only other bidder was gonna buy it no matter what.Some of the shooters use lever guns at the shoots I go to in Lancaster,Co Pa.We will be starting again in April the third Sunday each month thru October.Want more info let me know via this post.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Browning Preformance Rimfire Ammo

Post by Blaine »

Nope, I've never tried that particular ammo......I always thought a Rem Nylon Lever would be cool.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Lancaster? Right down the road from me...you ever hang out at the Atglen Gun Club? That's my third home.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

My only .22 lever IS a Nylon. We always want what we don't have. I kick myself for not buying Browning, Winchester, or Marlin back when they didn't cost more than a nice .30-30.

Finding the ammo that your .22 prefers is the Holy Grail in silhouette shooting. I have a 10" Contender barrel that liked the cheap Federals of the time, or even Winchester Wildcats. It's 14" brother would have none but RWS Target. My 9 1/2" barreled Single Six was mediocre with everything that I tried.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I haven't tried it as most of my best shootin tooty twos like Eley stuff. All that I've seen or read of the Browning ammo has been good.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I picked up a box last week. Haven't had a chance to shoot any yet.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 308magtip »

SIXGUN
This is magtip from North Lancaster Co.I know the Atglen area good.Worked there in 70's on PPL lines.I am between Ephrata and Denver.The club I shoot at is the Northern Lancaster Co Fish and Game Protective Assn.Located on Forest rd off of rt 897 couple miles southeast of the Middle Creek area.We have open to the public every third Sunday trap shooting and steel target shoots.Steel is for .22 rimfire max long rifle ammo and any rifle,or handgun is permited.The shooting is all for fun and bragging rights.One of the members,Bill Parks,who sot at Atglen started them years ago.Good way to get kids interested as we allow little ones to sit and sandbag the rifle.The club has a website for more info.My # is in the phone book under A.Rice.Give me a call.There are good gunshops and a very good gunsmith within 2 miles of my home.
InTheWoods
Levergunner 2.0

Post by InTheWoods »

Browning .22 ammo is all rebranded Winchester rimfire stuff. If your firearm likes Winchester ammo, the parallel Browning .22 ammo should work fine.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

I have tried it in a carry gun. At the range, it grouped pretty well, but what impressed me was the muzzle flash, or I should say, the minimal flash compared to some other ammo.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)