What happened to the marlin site

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

What happened to the marlin site

Post by RIHMFIRE »

What ever happened to the marlin website?
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Re: What happened to the marlin site

Post by 1894cfan »

Looks like either someone forgot to pay the bill or Rem is dropping it.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I was just on marlinowner.com. Seems to be up and running ok.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

If you're talking Marlinowners, it's still there. They had a big shake up 2-3 years ago and a lot of great people left. Another lever gun site sprang up from those who left, and it's got good folks, and great info.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

It's the Marlin Firearms (factory) website that's pending renewal or deletion by the host, Network Solutions:

http://marlinfirearms.com/

sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

marlinman93 wrote:If you're talking Marlinowners, it's still there. They had a big shake up 2-3 years ago and a lot of great people left. Another lever gun site sprang up from those who left, and it's got good folks, and great info.
I'm not sure which one you are talking about, but the one I knew of is gone and domain is for sale. MO went downhill and started banning people once certain people were placed in chart. Petty dictator syndrome.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

marlinman93 wrote:If you're talking Marlinowners, it's still there. They had a big shake up 2-3 years ago and a lot of great people left. Another lever gun site sprang up from those who left, and it's got good folks, and great info.
Have you got a link or address ? Thanks, I did not know that. It was getting so slow there that You could log on two weeks apart and little or nothing had changed. That is one thing about Leverguns ,
Quick moving here.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

google
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Marlinowners.com is still there, Marlinfirearms.com is going belly up.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

If you're thinking of Levergunlovers.com, folks visiting it started to drop sharply after one of the prime movers passed away. Got down to just a handful of us who would visit and post. The original owner handed it off to another fellow at one point as he had things to deal with. Levergunlovers is now gone.

Sort of sad as it was originally populated by folks banned by the net Nazi owner of Marlinowners. We didn't follow the party line and weren't shy about saying so. It was a nice place for quite a while.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

jeepnik wrote:We didn't follow the party line and weren't shy about saying so.
Over the past year or so I've heard lots of comments along the same line. I rarely visit any other websites, so not sure what all the dust-up was about.

Just curious - what was the "party line" that they were so bent on enforcing....????
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

jeepnik wrote:If you're thinking of Levergunlovers.com, folks visiting it started to drop sharply after one of the prime movers passed away. Got down to just a handful of us who would visit and post. The original owner handed it off to another fellow at one point as he had things to deal with. Levergunlovers is now gone.

Sort of sad as it was originally populated by folks banned by the net Nazi owner of Marlinowners. We didn't follow the party line and weren't shy about saying so. It was a nice place for quite a while.
Yea, I used to go by LL to visit Bestlever's cabin. Was sad when the link didn't work.
11B30
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

jeepnik wrote:
Levergunlovers is now gone.

Sort of sad as it was originally populated by folks banned by the net Nazi owner of Marlinowners.

We didn't follow the party line and weren't shy about saying so.

It was a nice place for quite a while.

With all respect, a website is somebody's paid-for property.

Some folks don't hesitate to tread on property that someone else owns & paid for.

I routinely toss out anyone who presumes they have as much right to use my property as they see fit, instead of respecting my rights as the property owner.

IMO, that doesn't make me a Nazi...........

That said - The Marlin products website is now back online: http://marlinfirearms.com/

I guess that Remington was tardy in renewing the domain fees.

BTW, I found this page of the Marlin factory website interesting:

Marlin Custom Shop

info@marlincustom.com
605-347-4686
Marlin Custom Shop
Surges, SD 57785

Last edited by Pete44ru on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

After the banning, and subsequent upheaval that created a mass exodus at the MO site; a lot of the most knowledgeable people ended up over here:

http://levergun-scoundrels.com/

Started by one of those who exited the MO site. Nice bunch, and respectful too. Mainly gun talk, and not as much non gun chatter.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

marlinman93 wrote:After the banning, and subsequent upheaval that created a mass exodus at the MO site; a lot of the most knowledgeable people ended up over here:

Started by one of those who exited the MO site. Nice bunch, and respectful too. Mainly gun talk, and not as much non gun chatter.

Here at Leverguns, some of the most popular, and longest running threads (like this one) are not gun related.

"Over There" the poison started when some egomaniac started a private 444 club, members only, that you had to ask permission to join, and they had 444 raffles, all the while Plank Owners at Larry's site, who chipped in funds to keep it going, were trying to protest that BS. And, at that time, don't EVER try to have a conversation that the 45-70 might be better than a 444, or you would get warned about stirring the pot. I got kicked out, and eventually banned by quoting known gun writers about the facts of 45-70. That was Gunjunkie, the self appointed judge, jury, and executioner. That place, and those people, can go to "that hot place".
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

BlaineG wrote:
"Over There" the poison started when some egomaniac started a private 444 club, members only, that you had to ask permission to join, and they had 444 raffles, all the while Plank Owners at Larry's site, who chipped in funds to keep it going, were trying to protest that BS. And, at that time, don't EVER try to have a conversation that the 45-70 might be better than a 444, or you would get warned about stirring the pot. I got kicked out, and eventually banned by quoting known gun writers about the facts of 45-70. That was Gunjunkie, the self appointed judge, jury, and executioner. That place, and those people, can go to "that hot place".
Didn't know about any ".444 club" or that part. The furor that caused one of the mass exodus' was over a vendor or advertiser who broke the rules and was banned by a moderator. Then a "super moderator" went over his moderator's head and reinstated the person because he didn't want to lose his advertisement funds. The original moderator objected and was threatened, and he quit. A lot of people who respected that person then quit also, and the new site sprung up from those who didn't approve of the whole mess.

I personally enjoy gun related posts, and tend to not even open a post that doesn't look like something of interest to me. Those off topic posts may be long running, and create a lot of responses, but they're of little interest to me on a gun forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

marlinman93 wrote:
BlaineG wrote:
Didn't know about any ".444 club" or that part. The furor that caused one of the mass exodus' was over a vendor or advertiser who broke the rules and was banned by a moderator. Then a "super moderator" went over his moderator's head and reinstated the person because he didn't want to lose his advertisement funds. The original moderator objected and was threatened, and he quit. A lot of people who respected that person then quit also, and the new site sprung up from those who didn't approve of the whole mess.

I personally enjoy gun related posts, and tend to not even open a post that doesn't look like something of interest to me. Those off topic posts may be long running, and create a lot of responses, but they're of little interest to me on a gun forum.
This was all before Larry, the original owner of the site sold it to a commercial site company. There were no advertisers. Not that many forumites at first. A few dozen of us payed to keep it going, and took offense to a private forum within the main forum.
Possibly, there was too much non-gun nonsense going on for you to take notice.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Pete44ru wrote:
jeepnik wrote:

That said - The Marlin products website is now back online: http://marlinfirearms.com/

I guess that Remington was tardy in renewing the domain fees.
Marlin Custom Shop

info@marlincustom.com
605-347-4686
Marlin Custom Shop
Surges, SD 57785

Glad to see the site back up and runnin'
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

BTW, I don't intentionally put out bad stuff....Anybody that was around back in those days could not have missed this. You had to ASK, and you got a Member number.

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/444-m ... rship.html

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

BlaineG wrote:BTW, I don't intentionally put out bad stuff....Anybody that was around back in those days could not have missed this. You had to ASK, and you got a Member number.

I had no trouble "missing it" as I rarely looked at anything past the "collectors" threads there. I was a member from the very first days, and also a member of the old forum owned by Marlin Firearms Co. and those after it. Just never really paid attention to what was going on around those forums if it wasn't posted in the "collector firearms" area.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

BlaineG wrote:BTW, I don't intentionally put out bad stuff....Anybody that was around back in those days could not have missed this. You had to ASK, and you got a Member number.

I remember the dust up over the secret 444 forum. I thought it was kinda funny, since it's existence was entirely a knee jerk response to several high energy 444 vs 45-70 threads, threads I contributed to heavily. I also remember winning a knife raffle for a considerable sum of money over its original value. I'm also permanently banned there, which happened at least 5 years ago when GJ went full retard with power.
11B30
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

AJMD429 wrote:
Over the past year or so I've heard lots of comments along the same line. I rarely visit any other websites, so not sure what all the dust-up was about.

Just curious - what was the "party line" that they were so bent on enforcing....????

The one I got in trouble for was insisting that the .444 marlin wasn't the end all, be all of lever gun calibers. Apparently ballistic facts just confuse them.

I know Blaine was kicked off, but I don't remember what for.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jeepnik wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:

The one I got in trouble for was insisting that the .444 marlin wasn't the end all, be all of lever gun calibers. Apparently ballistic facts just confuse them.

I know Blaine was kicked off, but I don't remember what for.
Pretty much mentioning anything about .444 v. 45-70......It was forbidden. Gunjunkie was power mad. Now, and this is true, all that time I had, and still have a .444, and the .444 Club Pubah is a local friend and we hunt, fish, and shoot together. He's not a bad dude.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

And now they special corners for the 1894, the 375, the 1895 and 336 and about every variant of those... I like how they told me my 375 could NOT be a '78... yet I sure believe that it was me who opened the factory box and took the tags off it when I got it home.
Last edited by Griff on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

BlaineG wrote:
marlinman93 wrote:After the banning, and subsequent upheaval that created a mass exodus at the MO site; a lot of the most knowledgeable people ended up over here:

Here at Leverguns, some of the most popular, and longest running threads (like this one) are not gun related.

Gunjunkie I got along with just fine . The 444 Nazi that resides in the Pacific NW I did not or his follower in South Carolina . I never cared for the way it got to be team this or team that so I told them I was a Team GDI (God d..a..m..n..e..d independent).
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !